1. callum mclaughlin's rating of the film Paris Blues

Claiming the underground jazz bar as if it was his own, making the scene his own, Louis Armstrong playing against Paul Newman on Trombone alongside a Duke Ellington score is sheer magnifique! I loved every moment of 'Paris Blues' and despite its flaws, which there are, just like the ever so lovely Joanne Woodward, I was too caught up in the whimsey of it all to care - I was in love.

2. Lucia0550's rating of the film Paris Blues

En algunas partes el soundtrack se unía con las escenas armoniosamente en otras lamentablemente perdia la magía del momento. Independientemente de esto la historia es de mis favoritas. Y por fin veo una pelicula que combinan las cosas que amo pelicula a blanco y negro, jazz y paris.

3. P.P.'s rating of the film Paris Blues

Louis steals the show. All other scenes were lacking life. Newman as always is easy on the eyes.

4. José Neves's rating of the film Paris Blues

"Desire" list. The hypothesis of a stolen glance: see this frame of the film that illustrates it here in Mubi and let's ramble about its intention, based on the directivity that implies. Newman looks, and looks well, to Poitier and although nothing in the film leads to this imaginary, imaginary dispenses precautions to (its) wander(s): a gaze is under imagination when time stops, "desire is a self-figured creature".

5. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Paris Blues

6. Pedro Franceschini's rating of the film Paris Blues

Paul Newman, Sidney Poitier, Louis Armstrong, Paris and Jazz: reading this made me think I would love this movie. And, OK, it's pretty enjoyable, because of them, but the truth is: all this elements are wasted, and the movie is a little disappointing.

7. mjgildea's rating of the film Paris Blues

Despite starring Paul Newman, Sidney Poitier, Louis Armstrong, being scored by Duke Ellington and being about jazz in Paris, Paris Blues is a huge disappointment. Any scene without Armstrong leaves us victim to either an unlikable Newman or Poitier walking around with Diahann Carroll and contrived social consciousness. On the plus side, great photography and any Armstrong scene keep it from being a total waste.

8. Tara Violet's rating of the film Paris Blues

a very enjoyable film. wonderful acting, great music, beautiful set design, and a lovely ambiance