1. BB's rating of the film Park Row

2. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Park Row

Park Row es una carta de amor al mundo del periodismo impreso; una lección de historia sobre el periodismo impreso y una reflexión sobre lo importante de la ética en el ejercicio del periodismo impreso. Fuller nos entrega una de sus películas más personales, enérgicas y conmovedoras. De lo mejor que he visto en mucho tiempo y, desde ya, mi favorita del director junto a Pick up in South Street.

3. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film Park Row

Unforgettable film made from Samuel Fuller's savings that did not recoup his investment! The film is real as real could be. To Fuller's credit, his ability to get a superb performance from Mary Welch (her only feature film before she died at the age of 36) is truly remarkable. The film does not give evidence, in the early stages, of what is to follow. A very satisfying film about media's role and evolution in USA.

4. toddgold38's rating of the film Park Row

5. Karel's rating of the film Park Row

A film about the American "can do"-mentality. In the first ten minutes the to-be-editor goes from being cynical to being fired and eventually starting up a newspaper. All this happens while he sits behind the bar. Sheer amateurism combined with vitality: the recipe for success for all Fuller characters.

6. Aydin KhaliliK's rating of the film Park Row

7. Ethan's rating of the film Park Row

This is one of the most beautiful films ever made about American journalism. Sam Fuller's immense love for what the medium of print can be is undeniable in this film and very few people have displayed their passions on the screen with such style and grace. One of the most soft spoken of Fuller's films it still packs a hell of a punch and should be required viewing for all.

8. Aardsy's rating of the film Park Row

I like my Fuller crazy, not earnest.

9. FFC's rating of the film Park Row

By today’s standards the rhetoric is at times heavy-handed. However, it’s hard not to get enthused by Fuller’s extreme passion for the subject matter and the place of journalistic integrity in culture. It also helps that Fuller directs the shit out this film. Those long takes are incredibly blocked and photographed. All in all, Park Row should be mandatory viewing for anyone who works, or wants to work in journalism.

10. dionysus67's rating of the film Park Row

Interesting Fuller venture not without merits. These derive from the energetic performances and the great character depiction mainly within the idealistic editor's team. Filming is largely confined to the newspaper's presses and it conveys the fervent struggle against manipulation with some properly dense mise-en-scène and excellent performances.However, the romantic and didactic resolution does not really convince.

11. FISCHER's rating of the film Park Row

Oeuvre à la gloire du journalisme ! www.cinefiches.com

12. Zac Weber's rating of the film Park Row

The cinematography crackles with energy, and you might come away thinking journalism is the most exciting profession in the world. This is a lesser known classic from Sam Fuller, who was the writer, director, producer, and financier.

13. Greg S.'s rating of the film Park Row

Is this still from Park Row? It looks like a shot of Widmark from Pick up on Southsreet.

14. orangey's rating of the film Park Row

you can see Fuller's cinematic skill on display ,but I'm afraid the story and the acting don't lift the movie above something shown in a classroom

15. Neil Bahadur's rating of the film Park Row

16. estienne64's rating of the film Park Row

Oddly enjoyable. An unabashed tribute to a golden age (as Fuller saw it) of rough and tough but incorruptible newspapermen. Plot points pale beside ink-under-the-fingernails detail about making, writing and printing the news. The highlight is a magnificently kinetic, one-shot fight sequence. Surely any film which has Ottmar Mergenthaler, the inventor of Linotype, as one of its supporting characters can't be all bad.

17. Justin Vicari's rating of the film Park Row

Amazing tracking shots in this film! I would make this film required viewing in schools. This is the first time I watched it that I thought the happy ending might only be Gene Evans' broken dream after he falls asleep. I think Fuller himself would have found the reconciliation unlikely, and of course if he were alive today he would be one of our best spokesmen against the decline of democracy in the U.S.

18. petit astronaute's rating of the film Park Row

19. Jake Cole's rating of the film Park Row

Of course a pessimistic tabloid writer like Fuller would write the ultimate love letter to journalism. Hell, no other profession captures the same mix of pure idealism and bottomless cynicism.

20. Dave's rating of the film Park Row

A letdown for me, but I think primarily because before I finally got to see it I was led to believe that this was among Fuller's best work. It's not, but it's still worth seeing.

21. Craig B's rating of the film Park Row

Refreshing to see this now, esp. as there's a shadow cast over much of print journalism these days.