1. FISCHER's rating of the film Park Row

Oeuvre à la gloire du journalisme ! www.cinefiches.com

2. Zac Weber's rating of the film Park Row

The cinematography crackles with energy, and you might come away thinking journalism is the most exciting profession in the world. This is a lesser known classic from Sam Fuller, who was the writer, director, producer, and financier.

3. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Park Row

As my first foray into Fuller territory, this was rather disappointing. The camera work is breathtaking but is arguably too good. You know something's wrong when the style completely overshadows the substance. And it's easy to see why since this script is melodramatic and contrived as all hell. I appreciate Fuller's respect for good journalism but when the characters are such stock material, it doesn't add up to much

4. Greg S.'s rating of the film Park Row

Is this still from Park Row? It looks like a shot of Widmark from Pick up on Southsreet.

5. orangey's rating of the film Park Row

you can see Fuller's cinematic skill on display ,but I'm afraid the story and the acting don't lift the movie above something shown in a classroom

6. Neil Bahadur's rating of the film Park Row

7. estienne64's rating of the film Park Row

Oddly enjoyable. An unabashed tribute to a golden age (as Fuller saw it) of rough and tough but incorruptible newspapermen. Plot points pale beside ink-under-the-fingernails detail about making, writing and printing the news. The highlight is a magnificently kinetic, one-shot fight sequence. Surely any film which has Ottmar Mergenthaler, the inventor of Linotype, as one of its supporting characters can't be all bad.

8. Justin Vicari's rating of the film Park Row

Amazing tracking shots in this film! I would make this film required viewing in schools. This is the first time I watched it that I thought the happy ending might only be Gene Evans' broken dream after he falls asleep. I think Fuller himself would have found the reconciliation unlikely, and of course if he were alive today he would be one of our best spokesmen against the decline of democracy in the U.S.

9. Jake Cole's rating of the film Park Row

Of course a pessimistic tabloid writer like Fuller would write the ultimate love letter to journalism. Hell, no other profession captures the same mix of pure idealism and bottomless cynicism.

10. Dave's rating of the film Park Row

A letdown for me, but I think primarily because before I finally got to see it I was led to believe that this was among Fuller's best work. It's not, but it's still worth seeing.

11. Craig B's rating of the film Park Row

Refreshing to see this now, esp. as there's a shadow cast over much of print journalism these days.