1. mad.lucas's rating of the film Passages

Almost poetic images and random stories about emigration. It has a nice concept but could have been better executed.

2. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Passages

In my opinion this collage doesn't work: While the interviews often tell us something about people going into exile the movie sequences document the european (and slightly colonialistic) view on other (sometimes "exotic") cultures.

3. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Passages

4. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film Passages

Beautiful the way this film juxtaposes image and sound at odds with one another, as well as the tension between the language of the speakers and the countries shown. Strangely, it reminded me of the opening minutes of Harmony Korine's Gummo. The obsessive return to certain images also speaks to the power of memory, which is also the power of the recorded image, to evoke times and places we can no longer return to.

5. msmichel's rating of the film Passages

The stories of emmigrants told against found footage of the countries they're leaving or fleeing too. So many voices from various parts of the world united in finding a better way. Interesting short.

6. Jennifer's rating of the film Passages

7. tsienni's rating of the film Passages

The Andrei Tarkovsky quote on his Mubi profile page - “Juxtaposing a person with an environment that is boundless, collating him with a countless number of people passing by close to him and far away, relating a person to the whole world, that is the meaning of cinema.” - summarizes everything I wanted to say after my viewing of this film.