1. jessetaylor's rating of the film Passion

I think I liked this a lot more due to the fact that most didn't, but it also has its merits. Its use of technology to drive voyeurism says a lot more about the machine than it does the voyeur here and there are many interesting facets to this part of the film. De Palma has always been quite self-aware, but through this self-awareness allows the film to be its own meta work.

2. Renton47's rating of the film Passion

Mock all you want, but how many other films master the perverse clinical corporatism and lurid cheapness of the global office space. Demonlover, maybe, but that's harder to like. In the Debussy sequence we get the apotheosis of De Palma's adventures in split-screen, his ability to surpass himself always a joy. Few films engaged like this with how technology facilitates workplace competition - shame about final 30.

3. Thomas's rating of the film Passion

Stick to the Corneau original. Glad I saw that first.

4. ajdehany's rating of the film Passion

It's enjoyable, and the denouement is enjoyably far-fetched. It holds its own and even if the tilt angles and framing and use of music and 'passion' are threadbare De Palma at least it's not shot in that horrible soft focus of his seventies work.

5. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film Passion

It would really help if dePalma could find some actors, and then build a believable plot. I so wish I had seen Corneau's Crime d"Amour which at least has a more convincing cast.

6. McOpinionated's rating of the film Passion

7. Superfrog's rating of the film Passion

Unbearable after having seen love crime. The action g is cringeworthily poor. And all of the manipulative drive seems missing. And yes, a remake can be evaluated against the original, specially when it is as derivative. Americans may say 'this is missing un certain je ne sais quoi", I'll just say "c'est de la merde".

8. Yulia Gaidakova's rating of the film Passion

more twisted and clattered remake, it lacks elegance and poise of the original

9. James Hines's rating of the film Passion

10. harnake36@gmail.com's rating of the film Passion

11. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Passion

At first, I appreciated how well made the original film version of this must have been - even though I hadn't thought so while watching that one. It's so bad, I questioned what mind control these actors were under. Then 3/4 into this, I realised that the entire thing was such wilful fuckery that no comparison mattered, I paused the film to make sure it was De Palma. Whatever floats your boat BDP.

12. Ian Pike's rating of the film Passion

Not much of an improvement on the original. Had expected more than a virtual relocated scene for scene reshoot, so still stuck with a wooden script. And the same credibility problem - how did someone as naive as Isabelle is depicted at the start get to the business position she is in?

13. babycakesromero's rating of the film Passion

classic depalma, possibly better than the original which is a mean feat for a remake.

14. Lucian Pană's rating of the film Passion

"I'll make you a coffee." *nothing happens* "Here's your coffee." Meetings held on almost complete darkness just for the wanted light effect. Thick acting. Just stuff like this.

15. rob penman's rating of the film Passion

love crime for the masses - a sensationalist dumbing down of the original - in which characterisation becomes 2-D and the story line becomes all

16. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Passion

Incredibly average - with some Tommy Wiseau-esque dialogue and set pieces. But the final act is a step up in a big way and makes it suddenly watchable again. Some nice directorial flourishes - but this feels more TV than anything.

17. First Lady Dré's rating of the film Passion

Extreme bitchiness and killer heels

18. katiestgeorge@gmail.com's rating of the film Passion

19. alimcintyre's rating of the film Passion

Let down my amateurish acting which gave it the appearance of a B movie

20. Sarah's rating of the film Passion

Terrible film. Minutely redeemed by final 15 minutes but not sufficiently to excuse the whole.

21. Ramzi's rating of the film Passion

Upon reconsideration a few months after watching, I'm annoyed that I spent time watching this.

22. missingsnowman's rating of the film Passion

23. Katie McCallum's rating of the film Passion

24. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Passion

Overly dramatic scenes and lighting, disgusting soundtrack used for gaining emotional depth, incredibly cancerous line pace and stupidly infantile script, completely daft camera work and I'm sorry but poor directing, I could feel Rachel McAdams being so constrained in this role. Oh and not to mention that at 0:52:46 McAdams looks at the camera by mistake and the shot makes it in the film, which is just rubbish

← Previous 1 3 4 5