1. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Passion

Never mind the children of Coca-Cola and nuclear families, if people still wished for the return of the fun, American-influenced Godard after Sauve qui peut (la vie), this destroyed it for good. Passion is for me the true beginning of the new era. Cinema can no longer pretend to exist outside of society, or to strive for the false objectivity of television. Late Godard deserves to be celebrated. Say your sentence.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Passion

>>> Oeuvre déroutante qui tient du génie pour certains, ou de la foutaise, pour d'autres. www.cinefiches.com

3. EdieEmm's rating of the film Passion

What is this story? That which “is set apart from the real world by... calculated approximations of verisimilitude.” Where "story" is the film; this review; all intersubjectivity; & "real world" is the sublime that is our human task to feel/express. Imperfectly. Via stutters/coughs/language barriers/asynchronous edits/distractions/bad lighting/poor funding/praxis disparate from theory. But we work! Slaves to passion.

4. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Passion

one day i'll understand, though first i have to be drawn to its form. "la femme publique" minus hysteria

5. Balthaz21's rating of the film Passion

6. Ethan's rating of the film Passion

This would make a good double bill with Contempt and this also has the feel of a Fassbinder film.

7. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Passion

Jean-Luc Godard's critical eye is front and center in this production, as he contrasts and evaluates the relationships of suffering to art and struggle to humanity.

8. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Passion

At the time this felt a bit leaden and academic, but I miss those days now.

9. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Passion

10. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Passion

THE definition of Labor of Love. I can't believe a mind can produces so many essential films in a short period of time!! I've never seen a film with so much freedom to « breathe ». Who gives the money for his production (hahaha)?!? Only a Master can handle a film so relatively « cacophonous » like this one! Spontaneity is crucial to creation, this film show that very well. Godard is the « illest ».

11. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Passion

A deconstructed narrative about the difficulties faced by the filmmaker, largely inspired by JLG's own evaluation of Coppola's production of One from the Heart. Into this, some commentary on the exploitation of the working classes, feminism, industry, corruption, the battle of the sexes. It should be a chore, but Godard's creativity is so mesmerising & beautiful that the film becomes a breathtaking poetic expression.

12. davenold's rating of the film Passion

I'm pretty sure this is my favorite Godard movie

13. Charles1990's rating of the film Passion

14. Frank Giliberti's rating of the film Passion

I want to watch it right now. To me a very memorable and enchanting film. This one is full of paradoxes. Or maybe a better way to say it is that it is all representative of something. I'm transported when watching it.

15. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Passion

Probably JLG's richest 80s movie, in terms of thematic and narrative density. Like all later JLG, way easier to parse on a rewatch. I love First Name Carmen slightly more, though, since it's funnier+sexier+angstier.

16. lupiter's rating of the film Passion

I watched this during a seminar at film school and i have to say i'm thankful to the critic who introduced us to this movie. He said: "It's okay if you piss off and you end up hating this completely because it's actually on purpose, it happened to me as well". We all know Godard is a genious but was this even necessary? I felt like i lost 88 min of my life

17. Joe Morton's rating of the film Passion

Errr... With all due respect, this film would be pretty boring with out the variety nude women. If I knew about Marxism... If I knew about art... If... It might have been engaging. But I think Godard's ideas are mistaken. Is a naked lady to be compared to Jesus, the sacrificed lamb of God? Is manufacturing like making love? Is art cheapened by large expenses? Godard is not mistaken ENOUGH to entertain.

18. wolfmansRazor's rating of the film Passion

Brilliant? Maybe. Beautiful? Often. Incomprehensible? Perhaps. Did I love it? Yes. Did I hate it? Yes. Did I understand it? Certainly not.

19. Drew Kelly's rating of the film Passion

I find myself giving the Godard films I don't really love 3 out of 5 merely for rewatch-ability and thoughfulness, even though I find Godard pretty love or hate.

20. Gylfi's rating of the film Passion

When I saw this about four years ago, it went way over my head and I did not like it at all. Having only seen three of his films prior to Passion, I also was not familiar with the challenges and the games Godard's films often include. Watching this again, now with a much clearer understanding of his style, it must have been the most radically different experience I've had returning to a film. A work of art, sublime!

21. comeandsee's rating of the film Passion

this film was solid, it had moments of magic but not a masterpiece by any means. considering the string of prolific masterpieces, Godard produced from 1959 - 1968, this is quite a disappoiting effort after a hiatus. hardly comparable to the films it resembles, Godard's own Le Mepris or Fellini's 8 1/2. still worth seeing for yet another fine performance from Hanna Schygulla.

22. Neil Bahadur's rating of the film Passion

How many adjectives can I think of to describe this? Seriously one of the most incredible, sublime, and perfect films I have ever seen..