1. Dan.R's rating of the film Paterson

Simple. Unassuming. Gentle and trance-like

2. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Paterson

3. haugenlars@hotmail.com's rating of the film Paterson

4. abunchoffilms's rating of the film Paterson

Jarmusch firing on all of his cylinders.

5. savannah k leit's rating of the film Paterson

In Paterson, New Jersey a poet named Paterson lives a quiet and simple life with his eccentric lover Laura and his dog Marvin. Written and directed by Jim Jarmusch, the film follows a rhythmic pattern similar to poetry. Paterson's poetry doesn't always rhyme, but it is reflective of his charmingly mundane life. This film also has a cute cameo of the kids from Moonrise Kingdom, who are passengers on Paterson's bus.

6. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Paterson

7. Severus Snape's rating of the film Paterson

(3,5) There’s an old song my grandfather used to sing that has the question, “Or would you rather be a fish?” In the same song is the same question but with a mule and a pig, but the one I hear sometimes in my head is the fish one. Just that one line. Would you rather be a fish? As if the rest of the song didn’t have to be there.

8. Diogo CF's rating of the film Paterson

9. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Paterson

This is my sec encounter with Jim Jarmusch and is hard to tell precisely somethin bout Paterson. How this director approach cinematography is somethin unique and once again hard to interpret; way harder to stay in the characters limit. I guess this movie is about those lifes that happens in small towns when every day seems the same but with a little "poetry" those days can be fulfilling. I have this life. 7/10

10. Ghostman's rating of the film Paterson

A charming film about the beauty in everyday life and the simple pleasures. The performances are all excellent and Adam Driver is quickly becoming one of our finest actors. Golshifteh Farahani is lovely here and also deserves more work stateside. Marvin the dog was one of the best dog performances I've ever seen. A great film about poetry which will without a doubt renew the love of writing in many who watch it.

11. caddie's rating of the film Paterson

A couple of interesting ideas. But overall a dull depiction of everyday life of a bus driver inside whom lives a poet (questionable). The wife is weird and not interesting at all and the couple is unreal. English bulldogs have a certain charm for sure, but c'mon, what the fuck is it doing here?

12. Eduardo Azevedo's rating of the film Paterson

A film about life, the little things that make life, life. Brilliant performance by Adam Driver and the atmosphere created by Jarmusch is magnificent. Btw, the soundtrack, out of this world.

13. patríciapinho's rating of the film Paterson

i hate this film because on the one hand it made me want to write more but also this was the most boring couple i've ever seen

14. andrea.b's rating of the film Paterson

Lindísima: captura la belleza extraordinaria de lo ordinario.

15. Capela's rating of the film Paterson

Japanese Poet: Yes. Sometime empty page present most possibilities.

16. Nachtreich's rating of the film Paterson

17. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Paterson

18. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Paterson

True poetry in motion. One of the most peaceful and relaxing films I've ever seen. The situations are as mundane as the one we live out on our everyday life, but Jarmusch makes them all somehow riveting. Adam Driver's performance is absolutely stellar as is Farahani's

19. saitosouta's rating of the film Paterson

Actually Paterson's wife is a ghost, right?

20. vordven's rating of the film Paterson

21. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Paterson

I have a couple of major bones to pick (namely the quasi manic pixie dreamwife and the lazily whimsical conversation at the bench) and the fact that I don't like poems. But Jarmusch (directing, writing and scoring) and Driver (...driving?) more than make up for it. Paterson is the soul food you didn't even know you needed.

22. paddelboot's rating of the film Paterson

I found it a bit too boring and awkward, especially the conversations between Paterson and his wife. I'm not too fond of Jarmusch's films when they have a repetitive structure, I suppose. Appreciating the small moments of our everyday lives sounds good, but if it doesn't have flesh and blood, then it feels kind of strained.

23. jo's rating of the film Paterson

give it two decades and a new generation of hipsters will call this a masterpiece.

24. Carolina Pereira's rating of the film Paterson