1. Matt Parks's rating of the film Patti Cake$

2. jaelaah's rating of the film Patti Cake$

“Peanut butter to the wonder bread, jam to the Smuckers”

3. chazell's rating of the film Patti Cake$

4. Yasser Azmy's rating of the film Patti Cake$

didn't click but still cool, entertaining and nice rap songs.

5. msmichel's rating of the film Patti Cake$

One of the buzzed films of Sundance '17 failed to find an audience on release but begs to be discovered. The set up is certainly nothing new but the committed performances are pretty stellar. Danielle MacDonald is brilliant here as the title character though the heartbreaking turn is by Bridget Everett as her mother. 'The world is yours...'

6. RodrigoPereira's rating of the film Patti Cake$

7. Fabian's rating of the film Patti Cake$

Mamoudou Athie has a promising future ahead of him

8. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Patti Cake$

9. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Patti Cake$

10. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Patti Cake$

11. Jason's rating of the film Patti Cake$

I am pleased ('cause it pleases me, son) to step up to bat for PATTI CAKE$. Is this hackneyed terrain? Of course. I don't believe for a moment you didn't know it would be going in. I knew it. Geremy Jasper knew it. So what's the point? Dream inclusivity. Let's share the right kinds of eminently-shareable dreams. This is for anybody on the outs. It is winningly loose and it is about people. I liked the people.

12. Andrew Lang's rating of the film Patti Cake$

Seen this structure a million times before

13. nvmore's rating of the film Patti Cake$

i thought i wouldn't enjoy this

14. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film Patti Cake$

The beginning of the film is a bit slow and drags along but the film ends on a high fortunately. It was good to see this girl from a tough upbringing and life succeed after nearly giving up on her dreams. She is a very talented rap singer and I am glad she got the recognition she deserves in the end. Inspiring story.

15. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Patti Cake$

Well-intentioned with great performances but the script is messy as hell and fails to veer from all expected beats. Excited to see more from Danielle Macdonald though.

16. Ma-rewind's rating of the film Patti Cake$

3.5. J'ai un peu honte mais j'ai passé un très bon moment

17. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Patti Cake$

As real as a broken leg, hotter than summertime, and sicker than an overcrowded hospital, Patti Cake$ is destined to be the unseen crowd-pleaser to end the summer. Released in a year with several films boasting tremendous female leads, the film commits to letting Danielle MacDonald shred the glamour and give us a character we root for because we see her drive and hustle occur in every scene.

18. Raf Linmans's rating of the film Patti Cake$

De vrouwelijke en iets minder cliché versie van The Green Mile. Onderhoudend zonder meer.

19. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film Patti Cake$

5.5/10. I wanted to like PATTI CAKE$ more. The film does feature a cast of very likable, quirky characters, but unfortunately the overly conventional plot does them a great disservice. The climactic moment in particular feels too neat and too fake.

20. Daniella Hervert's rating of the film Patti Cake$

21. angelicidea's rating of the film Patti Cake$

22. Michael Peer's rating of the film Patti Cake$

Imagine Hustle and Flow directed by Edgar Wright. That's the best way I can think of describing this awesome, inspirational, bizarre little movie. Like Hustle and Flow, there are moments of pure transcendence and bliss. From the opening frame, I knew we were in for something special. The casting is pitch perfect, the directing inspiring - every frame is pumping with life and emotion. A wonderful crowd pleaser.