1. paddelboot's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

If this film was supposed to make me feel interested in the work of Patti Smith, then unfortunately it did the opposite.

2. Alexine Chanel's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

what a woman! really inspiring and energising! woohooo!!!

3. Andreas Jonsson's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

4. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

Sebring has no interest to explain Patti Smith, to interpret her life and work or to narrate biographical events in chronological order. Instead he presents a manifold mosaic of visual fragments and music together with permanent autocommentaries. The result is the intimate portrait of a remarkable artist that shows a lot of private (and vulnerable) sides as well as an angry political person.

5. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

Impressionistic portrait of an icon is more interesting than most talking heads music documentaries stylistically but it's Patti Smith's presence that makes it worth your time.

6. Beatriz Ourique's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

7. Sybille Meyer's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

Beautifully filmed portrait of an iconic artist, a film of lilting visions moving beyond the "usual" rock documentary format. It's doc form magically fitting it's subject, floating cinematography transcending time, subjects wiggling into frames sparking visions unseen before. Her raw and mesmerizing croon gives me the chills as I seep into the abyss.

8. David R Williams's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

Her life and her music and clearly they are one and the same.

9. Caramia's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

This film did not seem as if it covered 10 years, except in her beginning outline of her public life. So I felt it somewhat simplified it. And that is my whole impression of this doc. Simplified or trivialized, in many ways. Unfocused. I don't really appreciate her poetry as much as many poets in her circle. I do like her music, however, which makes her poetry more accessible to me. Nicely shot, not so edited.

10. Mitchel Hunt's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

There is a good amount of truly beautiful moments in the film, and they nearly make up for some of the more staged shots (think: Smith staring pensively out a window or "listlessly" singing to a cat). Worth a watch if you want to know the title character better, though you may be disillusioned by her in the end.

11. lindsy's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

Directed by fashion photograher Steven Sebring, Patti Smith: Dream of Life spans over eleven years of footage which gives the audience a glimpse into the singer-songwriters life. The story is told by her recent performances but for those who are unfamiliar with her music, they may not be able to learn about her albums and inspirations behind them as much as they'd want to.

12. Insider1's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

Excellent film about Patti Smith.

13. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

Don't meet your heroes. Sometimes they're full of crap. The music was really good, though.

14. David Richards's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

Unconventional musician bio-pic, a bit un-structured, but at the same time it was more interesting visually than others in this genre. I love hearing her speak and the rhythm of her voice even when reading prose. Yes, it lingered on the deaths of many of her friends, but it wasn't morbid or depressing. Life goes on. Inspiring.

15. Amy Moffat's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

A beautifully poetic film that captures Patti Smith's philosophical and deeply thoughtful understanding of life, art and death. For those already fans of Patti it's a series of dreamy snap shots of some precious moments. For those who don't know her history and work it may be a difficult piece of film to connect with.

16. Kaonashiii's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

By turns vital, hypnotic, and elegant.

17. Zanna Walsh's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

I loved this. I'm not sure how much I learnt about Patti, but it was more than that. Beautiful snap shots of her life, people from her past drifting through, her family, her poetry, all in a wonderful, melancholic black and white flow of ten years undertaking. She has a wonderful smile, which is not often seen in the "rock star persona" obviously adores what she does, and her friends and family. Lovely.

18. raggiodisole's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

All dreamy, poetic and unengaging. Decent music though

19. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

Beautiful, simple, good edition and rhythm.

20. Robert Lamvik's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

21. babycakesromero's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

22. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

Fantastic film. What a woman. Sensitive, bold, rocking!

23. Real_Stephanie's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life

I like Patti for her romantic reverence for the poets and painters who quite clearly continue to inspire her so profoundly, as well as for her own creative output. This documentary captures both well.

24. Polyglot's rating of the film Patti Smith: Dream of Life