1. James Mackin's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

Tobey Maguire plays crazy really well.

2. auloel's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

Terlepas dari generalisir propaganda komunis-yahudi-MakeAmericaGreatAgain, tense yang dibangun enak kok. Yang demen main catur pasti suka. Segmented.

3. Nino Lasso's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

At times, my mind would just shut down and allow me to see old Spidey fighting the soviets in elaborate chess-fight montages, most of which are surprisingly well made so that even people who don't play chess can enjoy them. The californian prostitute is one of those characters that heartily scream "artistic license!" and betray a sort of by-the-numbers storytelling that is amusing nonetheless.

4. DarthVader's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

Fischer'ın iki hayatı var. Bana kalırsa, 1972 yılında İzlanda’nın başkenti Reykjavik’teki karşılaşmadan sonraki gizemli ve kaçak hayatı, sinema için daha uygun. Sade ama satrancın gücünü yeterince yansıtamamış bir film.

5. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

6. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

The film paints Fischer only as a paranoid douchebag and trivializes chess as a cold war pop instrument. There's really nothing here, not believable drama nor chess.

7. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

3.5-. Perhaps didn't show enough of his dissidents thoughts :x

8. A47's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

I'm still searching for Bobby Fischer. The writing is the real failure here; as undynamic of a script as they come, with little respect for the drama in its subject or the nature of the game. Would have liked to have been there for the shooting of the beach confrontation scene - laughable. Stuhlbarg was solid, the others seem to be near breaking at several points. "I'm the most famous person in the world."

9. Nomad4077's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

The movie gives truth to who Bobby Fischer was, but we can't take it all seriously with McGuire playing the role.

10. Ginarley's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

Overall a fairly bland but tolerable telling of a story that deserved so much more. Fischer is a wonderful and enigmatic historical character but this movie drags him back to the crowd.

11. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

If I had to choose a pawn to sacrifice here, it would be Zwick’s intermittent approach whose excessive control blocks some of the vitality required to take a solid step further.

12. Bayu Oktavianto's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

13. Taufiq Hariyadi's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

14. smndvdcl's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

The fine line between genius and madness is highlighted by the ubiquitous Bobby Fischer. Fischer's monomaniacal specialism in chess inevitably has a regressive effect regarding inter- and intra-personal experience. Paranoia escalates, transposing tactics of chess onto the political terrain, with wonky interpretations. Maguire and Schrieber are admirable but Zwick's mawkish direction undermines the tale. 2.5

15. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

16. Tigrão's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

Not a great film, but a highly enjoyable one.

17. doublelife91's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

18. Jorge Sobral's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

How to simplify and empty something the biopic way. Perchance we might find potential in the few final seconds when the real Bobby Fischer appears; but first we would have to take off the tattered coat of synthesis.

19. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

In the mouth of madness. http://theflickeringwall.blogspot.pt/2015/10/pawn-sacrifice.html

20. Addy K.'s rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

What happened here? Was it Ed Zwick's limp directorial style or Steven Knight's basic biopic script? Or wait! May be it's Bradford Young's show-offy lighting? An over-the-top Michael Stuhlbarg? One thing's clear: this boring "sports drama" brandishes its microscopic review of the Jew-hating chess genius Bobby Fischer and Cold War politics as verisimilitude. Only Tobey Maguire and Liev Schreiber can escape ridicule.

21. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

There was a potentially good film here, but one that requires careful handling of it's subject matter. Sadly, the filmmakers don't give us much reason to sympathize with Fischer, nor do they analyze his psyche deep enough for us to empathize with him either. Thus, it's hard to be invested in the historic chess battle that climaxes the film. Zwick, you broke my heart yet again.

22. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

The excessive use of montages gets annoying, especially when we see how gripping Edward Zwick proves he can direct chess in a gripping manner. Other than that, the film does a good job at being observant and detailed inot Fischer's detiriorating mental state, right down to the intricacies of what made him tick. And then there's Maguire, who does a great job at being investing despite given suh a narrow character.

23. ihor's rating of the film Pawn Sacrifice

Horrible and expected Hollywood trivialization of a troubled chess genius. A continual cliche full of ever mounting drama and a continual series of tired montages. Intellectually it's devoid of anything interesting involving chess with it being presented as just another game in the broader Cold War contest between the cold and brash Soviet against the troubled but brilliant American. Even worse than I expected.