1. tgmf's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

Good god, Pee-wee is so annoying the whole movie (especially first 15 minutes which I barely made through)! Still, the amount of fun jokes makes it somewhat entertaining. Plus few amazing scenes, namely, break-dance in the bar, studio-chase, pet-shop rescue, and crazy overall pace of the action gives it some credit too.

2. Konrad Szlendak's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

Loved the ninjas! Hell of a movie inside of a movie too!

3. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

4. James Mackin's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

I do not understand the appeal of Pee-Wee. I really don't. That said, this film has a lot of great parts to it that I quite enjoy, hence the rating.

5. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

I love Burton's very early hodgepodge films. So much clutter and stuff! And shamelessly jarring use of stop-motion always makes me smile! I really must get round to a Kleinian psychoanalysis of everything up to 'Batman Returns'. Even if his parental anxieties aren't on obvious display in 'Pee-Wee' the bike is a phallic attachment object for the ages!!

6. antibody's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

tim burton's best. came out of the gate with an A+

7. Dries's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

demenziale oltre ogni limite

8. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

9. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

A balance of ying & yang, Reuben's manic style & Burton's darkly comic mood fit perfectly together. Like a modern attempt at Marx Bros, the film throws gag after gag w/o taking time to see which one lands. The film quickly charms you that by the time the studio-chase comes, you're won over. Tim Burton, please make films like your early features again? Sincerely, The World.

10. Matthew Horvath's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

The movie of my youth. I wish Tim Burton still put out stuff like this. Danny Elfman's music is inspired! Neither of them are able to match the raw "young-punk" perfection of this maiden effort. So many memorable scenes and off-the-freakin' wall characters!!! I begged my reluctant parents to take me to see this when I was 9, and, I swear to God, they were the ones that laughed the hardest in the entire theater!

11. HKFanatic's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

The script had me laughing throughout, so I have to say "Pee-Wee" fits the qualifications of an entertaining film. However, it underscores something about Tim Burton's oeuvre, in that his best films set their outsider heroes against a backdrop of normalcy and conservatism. Here, Pee-Wee's world is more or less just as strange and off-kilter as he is, so there's literally nothing to ground the humor (or the audience).

12. Valerie Lemora's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

13. msmichel's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

Burton's feature debut holds up so well 25 years on. A hilarious journey with the child-man Pee Wee Herman. The laughs are frequent with one great scene after another. A triumph of production design and an amazing Elfman score. "large marge", "remember the alamo" Mind you the line "Dottie, there are things you don't want to know about me" has a different meaning than in 1985. Great fun for kids and adults.

14. Rafferty Thompson's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

I like how Tim Burton claims that this movie is loosely based off of "Bicycle Thieves".

15. El Biffo's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

The Alamo doesn't have a basement? Why not?

16. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

The sad thing is that for us this is just a movie, but for Paul Reubens this was real life.

17. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

Carino,per essere un'esordio non è niente male.Burton comincia a mostrare la sua regia movimentata e crea il primo dei suoi personaggi folli e fuori dagli schemi.Trama semplice,le gag sono quasi alla Mr Bean, ma alcuni passaggi sono deliziosi: il piano-sequenza con tutti i cicli e l'inseguimento finale negli Studios. Non un granchè,ma Burton avrà modo di rifarsi in seguito.

18. Clarissa's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

I just re-watch this, yay for childhood!!!

19. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

20. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

Unhealthy and irritating character. According to the ratings of my MUBI friends, the film is appreciated in the United States and disliked in Europe. Culture clash, once again. Already forgotten.

21. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

"i know you are, but what am i?" lalalalalaaa - hahahaaa... such a funny & weird movie - i have really loved it from the beginning.

22. Xose Manoel Ramos's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

Tardei un pouco en coller o choio, pero confomre vai chegando o final vaise tornando cada vez máis soprendente. Parece unha parida, pero está todo moi ben feito

23. Juan Charqueno's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

tim burton's first and epicly hillarious comedic debut

24. jmfran2's rating of the film Pee-wee's Big Adventure

Finally got it on blu-ray. $5 on Amazon. Not too shabby.