1. msmichel's rating of the film Peeping Tom

Essential horror. The film that pretty much destroyed Michael Powell's career and reputation was of course eventually rediscovered and appreciated for the unique take on voyeurism and obsession it represented. The garish use of colour and its often claustrophobic cinematography are just a couple of the tools Powell employed here for this perverse exercise. Even with the over-acting of Karlheinz Bohm this impresses.

2. Ethan's rating of the film Peeping Tom

This film is far superior to Psycho and was unfairly mistreated back in its day. Michael Powell was a brilliant artist who constantly pushed the boundaries of the cinema.

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Peeping Tom

The set design and lighting remind me of Argento. It appears that Böhm's doing an impression of Peter Lorre. For this to have come from the director of 'Red Shoes' and 'Stairway to Heaven' is quite a jolt. I suppose if Powell had been doing these type of films all along then the shock wouldn't have been so bad. Psycho didn't have that problem. It also wasn't this silly. Unfortunately, it's now extremely overrated.

4. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Peeping Tom

I can understand why this was deemed too subversive at the time of release and it's a shame that it is therefore overlooked. It's a fascinatin, chilling character study and one for the best films of the sixties which still holds up today.

5. ammar's rating of the film Peeping Tom

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Peeping Tom

Un étrange et fascinant chef-d'oeuvre, parmi les plus beaux fleurons du cinéma "fantastique" élargi, qui mérite amplement sa place dans une vidéothèque idéale... www.cinefiches.com

7. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Peeping Tom

After hearing so many great things I was left slightly disappointed. Nowhere near the greatness of other Powell (and sometimes Pressburger) films.

8. Claudia Negrea's rating of the film Peeping Tom

9. Trunfos's rating of the film Peeping Tom

10. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Peeping Tom

Rewatched and re-loved. 'Do you know what the most frightening thing in the world is? It's fear'. Masterpiece.

11. callum mclaughlin's rating of the film Peeping Tom

A somewhat disturbing film that both excites and deeply horrifies one as the camera peeps into the psychological mindset of a cinephilic madman. 'Peeping Tom' is very reminiscent of Hitchcock's work; 'Shadow of a Doubt' comes to mind. But, it is not Mark Lewis who is spying on the various characters from unusual vantage points, more so it is the coldly erotic camera that is accompanied by the schizophrenic music.

12. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Peeping Tom

this movie is so weird but just entered inside my dirty mind

13. DenoResandono's rating of the film Peeping Tom

If the climax was good, maybe I gave it four stars...

14. Pedderrs's rating of the film Peeping Tom

Reviled by critics on release and a film that threatened to end the career of great British filmmaker Michael Powell, Peeping Tom is a fascinating study on voyeurism, repressed trauma and the human psyche. It's a film that dares to question its audience. What is it about fear and danger that we find so compelling on the screen? Its impact may have lessened over the years but Peeping Tom intrigues nonetheless.

15. Zach hcaZ's rating of the film Peeping Tom

"The blind always live in the rooms they live under"

16. sapovski's rating of the film Peeping Tom

I thought the concept was really interesting and I was eager to see more but my expectations weren't quite fulfilled in this one... A bit disappointed with the progress of the storyline. The image was beautiful though.

17. Nathan's rating of the film Peeping Tom

Not watched on Mubi - Review pending

18. ceknklsn's rating of the film Peeping Tom

19. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Peeping Tom

A young Brian De Palma must have watched this film and said to himself "I know the type of film I should make, I have found my calling".

20. elif jazel's rating of the film Peeping Tom

brilliant film by Powell! very iconic and sophisticated thrilling story. but the character development could be better. it would be a 5/5 then. some people say its the British version of the American horror classic Psycho. I think they are definitely different but somehow, they have the same effect on the audience.

21. James Mackin's rating of the film Peeping Tom

22. Jim Fear's rating of the film Peeping Tom

23. miacarvalho's rating of the film Peeping Tom

It needs more salt and less "look I have daddy issues!"

24. fat_aleksey's rating of the film Peeping Tom