1. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

'The young man sat back down on his chair. No bull's were going to die today'

2. Zachariah Rigby's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

A strangely dreamlike alternative to the adventures of Marty McFly. The bizarre performance by Nicholas Cage both spoils and makes it.

3. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

There's a great cast here (Kathleen Turner, Nicolas Cage, Catherine Hicks, Jim Carrey, etc) and some enjoyable lines peppered throughout the script, but the film never really sparkles. Perhaps because it doesn't embrace any one aspect; it's never as funny as it could be, it wants to be magical and then plays it safe, even the potential time-travel element is ultimately frittered away without any real repercussions.

4. Robert H's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

So I loved this movie; knowing only the cast and crew, the time travelling theme was a complete surprise - but really well done and quite funny in places. I felt Kathleen Turner acted out her confusion brilliantly - and this must be one of the funniest, serious Nicolas Cage role I've seen him play! Some really strong music choices as well - a true gem!

5. Dan and Val Freeman's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

Were they on acid when they made this? Enjoyable but the plot swings around like a sailboat in a hurricane! Hard to believe it's the same director as Apocalypse Now.

6. chazell's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

7. Superfrog's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

8. jessetaylor's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

This was harmless fun, but I'm not sure what the point of this even was. It's a good enough high school movie, it's sometimes funny, and Kathleen Turner was decent, but at the end of the movie I wasn't sure how I was even supposed to feel about any of it. It didn't even offer anything new to the time travel or high school subgenres - mainly because Back to the Future came out a year before this and became a classic.

9. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

loved the wonder why but felt the ending was rushed and least exciting path the story could have taken

10. Pango's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

What's wrong with Nicolas Cage's voice?

11. McOpinionated's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

Tech probs at the start with the mirror scene presage more tech and plot glitches. There's a lack of engagement with characters or ideas. But boy Kathleen Turner is same-faced, ambiguous and ravishing, filling the whole screen, and the 10 years younger Cage is a convincing teenager. Compared to Back to the Future & MJ Fox, this is poor. It made me long for Freaky Friday & JL Curtis. Coppola?! Wish it'd been Kubrick.

12. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

Would make an uncanny double bill with Back to the Future.

13. Kamran's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

A hidden gem of comedy/entertainment. Though flawed, its affirmations of love are laudably presented. And as cheesy as he is, Nicolas Cage's caricature role is iconic, the best part of the film, and bizarrely resonant. 77/100 - Very Good (3.5)

14. FISCHER's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

>>> Une oeuvre de commande plutôt mineure dans la carrière de Coppola... www.cinefiches.com

15. Dalibor's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

A film about a woman's coming to peace with her life choices and where they took her, or a film about a horny 40-something housewife molesting confused adolescents. Either way, it's fine for what it is. There was a rewarding opportunity to present a more coherent allegory for evolving (pop-)culture, but ended up too nostalgic.

16. Mohammad Ebrahimian's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

17. Apaana's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

literally peak if you ignore the ending

18. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

There are signs in the earlier scenes as Turner's character attempts to comes to terms with her situation that something interesting might get explored, but sadly this doesn't actually happen. Instead the whole thing ends up just feeling wrong and uneven: the struggles with ageing up and down the different actors, Cage's bizarre turn and a final act that descends into farce.

19. Robert McMillan's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

A sincere heart struggles to pump life into a whimsical tale rendered limbless by poor casting decisions and a fear of truly engaging with what we might do if given the chance to change our own past.

20. Ramzi's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

Tonally all over the place, but the film makes up for it in charm. Turner is excellent, and plays the tension between the adult and teenager so well it feels natural and almost unnoticeable. Cage's performance was initially bewildering, but revealed itself to be hilarious. The lead characters are treated with humanity. The film touches on interesting thoughts and emotional moments, but doesn't achieve greatness.

21. sizelando's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

Warm hearted and well performed.

22. Gareth Jones's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

If I was a teenage girl in the 80's I'd probably think this movie was brilliant. Unfortunately I'm not and the 80's are long gone. It's a bit of a mash up between Back to the Future and Grease. It was good to see a young Jim Carrey in this but Nicolas Cage stole the show for me - well whatever voice he was using did!

23. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

Interesting film about reflecting on youth and the choices made in your former years which define you. There is something a little depressing about the inevitability of the central relationship but it is an enjoyable comedy with a great performance from Kathleen Turner. Out of character for Coppola considering his work before this film's release.

24. Mark Commode's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married