1. Kamran's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

A hidden gem of comedy/entertainment. Though flawed, its affirmations of love are laudably presented. And as cheesy as he is, Nicolas Cage's caricature role is iconic, the best part of the film, and bizarrely resonant. 77/100 - Very Good (3.5)

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

>>> Une oeuvre de commande plutôt mineure dans la carrière de Coppola... www.cinefiches.com

3. Dalibor's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

A film about a woman's coming to peace with her life choices and where they took her, or a film about a horny 40-something housewife molesting confused adolescents. Either way, it's fine for what it is. There was a rewarding opportunity to present a more coherent allegory for evolving (pop-)culture, but ended up too nostalgic.

4. Mohammad Ebrahimian's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

5. Apaana's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

literally peak if you ignore the ending

6. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

There are signs in the earlier scenes as Turner's character attempts to comes to terms with her situation that something interesting might get explored, but sadly this doesn't actually happen. Instead the whole thing ends up just feeling wrong and uneven: the struggles with ageing up and down the different actors, Cage's bizarre turn and a final act that descends into farce.

7. Robert McMillan's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

A sincere heart struggles to pump life into a whimsical tale rendered limbless by poor casting decisions and a fear of truly engaging with what we might do if given the chance to change our own past.

8. Ramzi's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

Tonally all over the place, but the film makes up for it in charm. Turner is excellent, and plays the tension between the adult and teenager so well it feels natural and almost unnoticeable. Cage's performance was initially bewildering, but revealed itself to be hilarious. The lead characters are treated with humanity. The film touches on interesting thoughts and emotional moments, but doesn't achieve greatness.

9. sizelando's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

Warm hearted and well performed.

10. Gareth Jones's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

If I was a teenage girl in the 80's I'd probably think this movie was brilliant. Unfortunately I'm not and the 80's are long gone. It's a bit of a mash up between Back to the Future and Grease. It was good to see a young Jim Carrey in this but Nicolas Cage stole the show for me - well whatever voice he was using did!

11. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

Interesting film about reflecting on youth and the choices made in your former years which define you. There is something a little depressing about the inevitability of the central relationship but it is an enjoyable comedy with a great performance from Kathleen Turner. Out of character for Coppola considering his work before this film's release.

12. Mark Commode's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

13. Victoria's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

3.5 I found that film very tender. There is something genuine and unpretentious about it that I really like.

14. Inès's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

The cinematography by Jordan Cronenweth is beautiful, sometimes like a Edward Hopper painting. The beginning of the movie in the "present time" may be a little long and cliché, but when the time machine starts, I didn't wish it to stop... (and I got as cheesy as Nicolas Cage)

15. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

It's what it is. But the thing is, if this film was played in gender reversal and Kathleen Turner's character was a 40 something year old man frolicking with teens from his youth - disturbing.

16. Tja's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

Perhaps I missed something? Cage is a dull muppet and Coppola is out to lunch.

17. LASHLEY's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

18. Nick Stamp's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

O.k bit cheesy but suppose that is the 80's. Nicholas Cage what is with that accent, irritating and unconvincing. Should have listened to Coppola when he told you to drop it!

19. Elena Reimeryte's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

Weirdest perfomance by Nic Cage. Expected more from the plot. The only insight I got from this is that if you go back in time you would go visit your grandparents.

20. Leigh Collins's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

This is really not a good movie. The central premise is interesting, but the story doesn't really go anywhere or offer any of the insight that would be expected. Plus, it's really not funny in the slightest. Very disappointing.

21. smndvdcl's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

It's not quite 'Back to the Future' (released a year before) but there is much of merit on a similar concept. A 1980s Jim Carrey under Coppola's direction is also fascinating.

22. vea's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

23. alimcintyre's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married

Entertaining enough, but it missed the opportunity to make more of the back-to-the-past aspect of the plot. Also, a 32-year-old woman playing a schoolgirl of 17 didn't really work for me ... or maybe I'm missing something.

24. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Peggy Sue Got Married