1. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Penda's Fen

2. S Campbell's rating of the film Penda's Fen

Finally on DVD Alan Clarke delivers the goods again with this weird middle England tale

3. mubianer's rating of the film Penda's Fen

I liked how dream and reality merged together. Serious themes, but light too. I liked the rural slowness, and how our hero was both a guy to feel sympathy for and to dislike. The film itself has a non-hurried pace I quite like. Favourite scene: The road sign being re-painted.

4. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Penda's Fen

Excellent film though I feel like it's a little too much in favor of paganism.

5. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Penda's Fen

"He has these faults or eccentricities but he's not doing anything of harm except seeking out an audience." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2014/12/episode-40-bbc-films-of-alan-clarke.html

6. anaimiaktion's rating of the film Penda's Fen

"You talk about strikers holding the country to ransom. What are they supposed to do, play cricket? Besides isn’t that what government itself does? And by government I don’t mean those figure heads, who come to us every five years to get their license’s renewed. I mean the manipulators, the fixers, the psychopaths who have real power in the land."

7. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film Penda's Fen

The rumour is this may turn up on dvd at some point ,i hope so as ALL Clarkes Work gets a dvd release

8. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Penda's Fen

9. Eratosthenes's rating of the film Penda's Fen

I really hope this gets a dvd release at some point. It's a fantastic film.

10. mintghost's rating of the film Penda's Fen

I really want to see this, but i cannot find it anywhere, even to buy...can someone help me?

11. Flying Dutchman's rating of the film Penda's Fen

Rudkin's shooting script for this is a joy, the details immense. The periphery schoolboys in one scene who don't get a word of dialogue, have Rudkin in their descriptions, determining future professions for them such as "EVANS: other worldly Renaissance face - will one day be an austere Bishop."

12. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Penda's Fen

Allegorical delights in the English landscape. Quietly combining lyricism, sexuality and mysticism into a metaphysical delight which seeps under the skin as seductively as the balmy summer afternoon on screen. A film diametrically opposed to all of Clark's other work. It's tragic to note that this was broadcast during peak-time on BBC1, something unthinkable now, both in terms of scheduling and actual production.