1. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Penelope

Ok this movie is not perfect and absolutely has so many flaws but it’s just so cuteeee omg?!?

2. M.E. Funke's rating of the film Penelope

3. Balthaz21's rating of the film Penelope

4. bunkbedd's rating of the film Penelope

Cheesy but James McAvoy + piano is life

5. smeef's rating of the film Penelope

6. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film Penelope

Perhaps it's sub-par in ways but this movie never fails to charm me.

7. Susana Bessa's rating of the film Penelope

It is sweet and it has the most charming cast, but it is still a fairytale of an ugly girl who isn't monstrous at all, and of a surreal and eccentric 4-year-old type story who doesn't end up being any of those things. There is no magic per say, just tiny little weak fireworks in the beginning that don't seem to lead to nowhere. P.S. It would've worked better as a children's book.

8. Karbon's rating of the film Penelope

9. robin's rating of the film Penelope

She doesn't really look like a pig, so the whole plot based on her ugliness is not convincing from the start. In narrative it's a fairy-tale but in art direction it can't decide what it is, so it's a strange mixture of different elements that don't really work well put together. But it has James McAvoy and Peter Dinklage.

10. makeyourself85's rating of the film Penelope

Christina Ricci looks pretty cute with that pig snout.

11. Jess Genevieve Brown's rating of the film Penelope

Said to be whimsical and surreal, but so far just shallow. I'm sure we'll soon learn the age old adage: Beauty is on the inside.

12. Anne St. Anne's rating of the film Penelope

The ending annoyed me, for reasons I can't be specific about without spoilers. But McAvoy is lovely, lovely, lovely. I would pay to watch him read a soup can label. And I kept gasping in pleasure every time yet another of my favorite actors appeared on screen (O'Hara! Grant! Feast! Dinklage! Gorman! The list goes on!) so it was still well worth the time spent watching it.

13. NICOLE86's rating of the film Penelope

A cute film with a beautiful message.

14. iarehautjobb's rating of the film Penelope

Oh, Christina Ricci. This really is a sweet film.

15. Lidia Lemon's rating of the film Penelope

so hight level for sigur ros "Hoppipolla" at the end

16. Polyglot's rating of the film Penelope

Amelie without the magical whimsy meets live-action Babe 2: Pig in the City. Babe was a girl, right? :(

17. Mutt's rating of the film Penelope

If there’s one thing I’ve learnt from the movies it’s that, it doesn’t matter what you look like, you can still be beautiful if you believe in yourself and you’re a beautiful Hollywood actress.

18. Marcus Killerby's rating of the film Penelope

I have never been more enjoyably perplexed by a movie

19. Anne's rating of the film Penelope

20. Aditya Saputra's rating of the film Penelope

21. VIOLHAINE LARSEN's rating of the film Penelope

I can't be objective about this movie. I just CAN'T. There's Ricci and McAvoy and perfect clothes and home decor! It's a fairy tale, so maybe it's a bit cheesy but I can watch it over and over without getting sick of it. Period.

22. chicajomles's rating of the film Penelope

There's this scene where james mcavoy sings you're my sunshine. that's damn cute! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVGAYsmNuXo

23. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film Penelope

I would have disliked this if it wasn't for James McAvoy. He is lovely.