1. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Penny Serenade

7.0/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-305

2. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film Penny Serenade

è già il secondo film di Stevens che vedo e mi stupisce per la sua spietata accuratezza nei riguardi di tutto ciò che c'è di bello e di orribile in un rapporto. che bello, che male.

3. Aardsy's rating of the film Penny Serenade

Our love is built on dead babies.

4. Deiner's rating of the film Penny Serenade

2nd viewing. I really wanted to like this one this time around. More flawed than I remembered. Although it has an interesting concept (the records evoking memories) its slow pace (many scenes could've easily been shortened) and melodramatic dialogs didn't do it any favors. I really liked both Grant and Dunne, the latter truly owned the film and elevated the material. But I just don't feel it deserves a higher rating.

5. Ethan's rating of the film Penny Serenade

This is one depressing film.

6. SpacePirate's rating of the film Penny Serenade

Grant gives a rather moving performance in this film, and Dunne is as usual nothing short of excellent. What a treasure. 4.5 stars

7. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Penny Serenade

8. aaa88's rating of the film Penny Serenade

An interesting subject for movie and gender studies.

9. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Penny Serenade

★★★ we'll always have vinyl records.

10. msmichel's rating of the film Penny Serenade

Despite a quite endearing turn by Irene Dunne this so called 'classic' soap opera comes off as manipulative treacle at best. Grant playing morose was actually Oscar nominated for this! A few tender moments but at a full two hours it seemed to last forever. Stevens made some classics...this just isn't one of them.

11. Sara Crewe's rating of the film Penny Serenade

What I learned from this film: rebound children are the solution to all marital problems.