1. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

Song: 샌드페블즈 — 나 어떡해

2. gaussian's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

i was kinda distracted in class when we watched this but i think it was okay

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

4. luís debonoir's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

5. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

6. Gisèle Kérosène's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

7. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

8. T. J. Mesen's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

A reassessment of history, reminding the viewer of the lasting importance that traumatic events and memories of them have had on Korea and its people. The narrative structure reflects the conflict between a primal desire to go back to the past—Yong-Ho's final/first words being "I want to go back."—and the conscious decision to try and forget what has happened. A thoughtful tragedy in reverse of the human condition.

9. Mar ~'s rating of the film Peppermint Candy

This man,,I am still wondering if he also got me (just like the woman he fooled to sleep with ) I wonder if it was real when he talked about his love and sorrow.

10. ikkini's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

Une fable existentialiste indispensable !

11. Mariana Mara Nascimento's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

12. Joe Watkins's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

Enjoyed far more than I expected, I'm a big fan of Korean Action and Horror films. This is one of my first korean dramas and I loved it, really well told and loved the suggestive camera work and visual representation that reviles itself by the end. Gripping, imaginative and emotional, I would certainly recommend. I will be going through Chang-Dong Lee's back catalogue!

13. DrFirestone's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

Excellent film, and interesting idea showing the main character's life in reverse... We start off seeing a broken man, on the verge of a mental breakdown, mad... Then we are given an opportunity to see the defining moments of his life and his downfall and demoralisation in reverse... Most people are born idealistic and innocent, and then "life happens"... We make some choices, sometimes it's what happens to us...

14. Emil's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

Demoralisation of a man in reverse . Emotionally disturbing and unsettling with almost a painfully beautiful ending.

15. aeneasd's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

16. raggiodisole's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

There is much good in this story and the way it is told, but you are somewhat left guessing at too much

17. SiIencio's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

The script is so dull, disjointed and confusing that Lee Chang-Dong resorted to a reverse chronology to keep the "enigma" alive. Most areas of the protagonist's life are underdeveloped and after 129 minutes of keeping us waiting this is a cardinal sin. It is a film that deconstructs in detriment of building up tension towards a climax. When we get to the final frame, we have already forgotten where we came from.

18. Squashua's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

Bleak and unflinching. I could give this film more stars, in part for the heartbreaking cyclic nature of the first and last scenes & recurring motif of trains like a unrelenting shadow upon the protagonist's life, but there were times when I honestly struggled. The reverse chronology ends up being a hindrance to understanding the intricacies of the character relationships/situations, leaving some motives unanswered.

19. Dark Helmet's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

In some ways reminiscent of Blue Valentine - it effectively documents a character ark descending into the abyss in a way that makes it all the sadder - I agree with other comments that the general narrative isn't interesting enough to really elevate the film beyond 'worth a watch' though.

20. DanOffen's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

Cleverly constructed film but I think the central plot isn't quite as interesting as it needs to be.

21. tomfdzv@gmail.com's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

great, I found the cinematography really creative, beautiful hearth breaking story.

22. Ostermyers's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

23. Eugene Kotlyarenko's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

was basically ready not to like it, but with every progressive second it carried such an emotional wallop, culminating in hearing that song again at the beginning. the salience of "life moments" depicted is a bit gimmicky, but genuinely works so I can't begrudge it. Countless long takes with serious payoff in different planes of action; shots constantly being reframed without any cuts. Lead performance was incredible

24. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Peppermint Candy

Whenever I hear story is being told backwards I immediately get worried and put on my gimmick meter. Well this is why Lee Chang-Dong is a genius, he never falls for the gimmick and use the from for the purpose function and uses it to unleash one of the best lead performances in cinema history by the unsung Sol Kyung-Gu. Brilliant film and whats amazing is that its probably the 3rd best film he has done.