1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Perfect Blue

This is like a Japanese animated Dario Argento movie. Here is blood, nudity and some good memorable murder sequences. It is a better suspense film than most live ones I have seen in the genre and the story is pretty wicked.

2. mauduende's rating of the film Perfect Blue

Impressionante la progressione dell'intreccio e il gioco di riflessi nella mente dei personaggi.

3. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Perfect Blue

Had never seen this. The "what-is-real-vs-what-isn't" is less interesting to me than the idea of reconciling one's genuine behavior and one's performative behavior. This film is 20 years old and predates the narcissism machine that is social media but feels like it could've been made today.

4. F/K's rating of the film Perfect Blue

If Hitchcock and Lynch made an anime, it would be something similar to this

5. yuju's rating of the film Perfect Blue

This movie is terrifyng. Enough said, a unique piece of adult film in animation.

6. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Perfect Blue

Felt genuinely transgressive watching this on VHS at a teenager. I could barely process it and was disturbed by the violence towards women and, upon re-watching it as an adult, troubled by the monstering of Rumi; but if it is misogynist, it situates that misogyny within a specific time and space with such devastating precision that it performs its own feminist deconstruction. Still really troubling though. So vivid.

7. Max Chervin's rating of the film Perfect Blue

8. kathmeep's rating of the film Perfect Blue

Perfect Blue to me was bloody madness mixed with genius storytelling. I have to compliment the editing of the film. Never once did I feel like I was watching the film in scenes. Every transition helped the film flow in a way that worked so well. Psychological films always stressed me out but this film was just pure beauty. The line between illusion and reality is indeed blurred. Definitely a classic.

9. Boyuan123's rating of the film Perfect Blue

10. nadnab's rating of the film Perfect Blue

11. Shahin Katila's rating of the film Perfect Blue

12. DenoResandono's rating of the film Perfect Blue

This is what happened if David Lynch, Alfred Hitchcock, and Brian De Palma made anime together. I said Lynch because there's so many surreal/dreamy images. I said Hitchcock because I can feel the suspense when I was watching this movie. And I said De Palma because the way Satoshi Kon delivered the tension of this movie. PERFECT BLUE is a mindblowing experience. It's haunting and exciting. 81 minutes of thrills!

13. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Perfect Blue

A lurid tale with echoes of both Lynch and DePalma. The plot is interesting but I think the short running time does the story a disservice since the characters are not as developed as they should have been considering the subject matter. Still the story is very good (although uneven) and keeps you invested. Shame that the final reveal does not really pack the punch it should have. Close to four stars!

14. Hannah Faris's rating of the film Perfect Blue

15. Nathan Silva's rating of the film Perfect Blue

Anime perfection. Inception should've taken notes with this movie. Satoshi Kon's genius blend of reality, dream and paranoia is so smooth you can easily believe everything is real and everything is a dream simultaneously.

16. Radovici Alexandru's rating of the film Perfect Blue

17. Vanessa SuperHowl's rating of the film Perfect Blue

18. Doe Deer's rating of the film Perfect Blue

Satoshi Kon visually weaves a narrative in lovely lynchian fashion, blurring the lines between fiction and fact both for the characters inside and outside the film

19. daniroelleb's rating of the film Perfect Blue

really well animated. it was really trippy and was all the makings of a great surreal story. was a bit of an intense jump from pop star to actress doing lots of risque things but that was obviously for the drama.

20. HKFanatic's rating of the film Perfect Blue

Sometimes the greatest horror is how complicit we can be in our own exploitation. Satoshi Kon's wonderfully surreal, filmic anime delivers the blueprint for a film like Brian De Palma's 2002 thriller "Femme Fatale" or the even more recent "Neon Demon," in which 'a woman in trouble' travels down the rabbit hole of identity. Somehow Kon predicted the Internet culture and pop image factory that was soon to take off.

21. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Perfect Blue

Narrazione appassionante, che mostra la caduta nella follia della protagonista. Ottimo ritmo e ben dosate suspense e tensione. Il mondo dello spettacolo viene mostrato spietato e capace di corrompere le persone. Finale intelligente e che resta impresso. Tecnicamente ottimo, grazie ad un comparto visivo curato e ben fatto. Scelte stilistiche intelligenti e ben fatte. L'ottimo montaggio crea sequenze molto coinvolgenti

22. omusubibi's rating of the film Perfect Blue

23. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Perfect Blue

24. MistaRichard's rating of the film Perfect Blue

This is what happens when you spend too much time on the internet.