1. Tamás Rolfesz's rating of the film Perfect Blue

2. Benjamin Reid's rating of the film Perfect Blue

Deeply emotionally upsetting throughout (and rightfully so). Its commentary on the internet and the entertainment industry are still awfully relevant. I think Kon perfected a lot of his narrative style in later works like Paranoia Agent, but the fact that reality keeps slipping while the narrative moves forward is a great achievement. The aesthetic is incredibly beautiful to a point where it becomes creepy.

3. Chofo Aceves's rating of the film Perfect Blue

An exasperating movie, nice for those who like psycho-thrillers. When nothing appears to have sense, plot twist arrives at the perfect moment. A good portrait about japanese idols culture.

4. Fritz's rating of the film Perfect Blue

The film is itself a dissociative identity disorder.

5. meepy's rating of the film Perfect Blue

Perfect Blue to me was bloody madness mixed with genius storytelling. I have to compliment the editing of the film. Never once did I feel like I was watching the film in scenes. Every transition helped the film flow in a way that worked so well. Psychological films always stressed me out but this film was just pure beauty. The line between illusion and reality is indeed blurred. Definitely a classic.

6. ig_____or's rating of the film Perfect Blue

Go read Daniel Roque's review of this. It's very much on point.

7. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Perfect Blue

This is like a Japanese animated Dario Argento movie. Here is blood, nudity and some good memorable murder sequences. It is a better suspense film than most live ones I have seen in the genre and the story is pretty wicked.

8. mauduende's rating of the film Perfect Blue

Impressionante la progressione dell'intreccio e il gioco di riflessi nella mente dei personaggi.

9. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Perfect Blue

Had never seen this. The "what-is-real-vs-what-isn't" is less interesting to me than the idea of reconciling one's genuine behavior and one's performative behavior. This film is 20 years old and predates the narcissism machine that is social media but feels like it could've been made today.

10. F/K's rating of the film Perfect Blue

If Hitchcock and Lynch made an anime, it would be something similar to this

11. yuju's rating of the film Perfect Blue

This movie is terrifyng. Enough said, a unique piece of adult film in animation.

12. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Perfect Blue

Felt genuinely transgressive watching this on VHS at a teenager. I could barely process it and was disturbed by the violence towards women and, upon re-watching it as an adult, troubled by the monstering of Rumi; but if it is misogynist, it situates that misogyny within a specific time and space with such devastating precision that it performs its own feminist deconstruction. Still really troubling though. So vivid.

13. Max Chervin's rating of the film Perfect Blue

14. kathmeep's rating of the film Perfect Blue

15. Boyuan123's rating of the film Perfect Blue

16. nadnab's rating of the film Perfect Blue

17. Shahin Katila's rating of the film Perfect Blue

18. DenoResandono's rating of the film Perfect Blue

This is what happened if David Lynch, Alfred Hitchcock, and Brian De Palma made anime together. I said Lynch because there's so many surreal/dreamy images. I said Hitchcock because I can feel the suspense when I was watching this movie. And I said De Palma because the way Satoshi Kon delivered the tension of this movie. PERFECT BLUE is a mindblowing experience. It's haunting and exciting. 81 minutes of thrills!

19. Palmat's rating of the film Perfect Blue

A lurid tale with echoes of both Lynch and DePalma. The plot is interesting but I think the short running time does the story a disservice since the characters are not as developed as they should have been considering the subject matter. Still the story is very good (although uneven) and keeps you invested. Shame that the final reveal does not really pack the punch it should have. Close to four stars!

20. Hannah Faris's rating of the film Perfect Blue

21. Nathan Silva's rating of the film Perfect Blue

Anime perfection. Inception should've taken notes with this movie. Satoshi Kon's genius blend of reality, dream and paranoia is so smooth you can easily believe everything is real and everything is a dream simultaneously.

22. Radovici Alexandru's rating of the film Perfect Blue

23. Vanessa SuperHowl's rating of the film Perfect Blue

24. daniroelleb's rating of the film Perfect Blue

really well animated. it was really trippy and was all the makings of a great surreal story. was a bit of an intense jump from pop star to actress doing lots of risque things but that was obviously for the drama.