1. Shahin Katila's rating of the film Persepolis

2. Robert H's rating of the film Persepolis

What a gem. Charming, unsympathetic, tender, and laugh-out-loud funny. The animation uses wonderfully clever transitions and its art style compliments the humour - the cutaway segments were great - from wine making in a bathtab with the woman repeating "God forgive me" to the first metal/thrash concert experience. It took a while to understand how old the protagonist was in places but what a great perspective.

3. JanP's rating of the film Persepolis

Both complex and charming. So many innocent lives have been distorted and destroyed by western interference.

4. Mike's rating of the film Persepolis

Wow I don’t normally enjoy animated adaptations but this blew me away. So poignant and the ending really tugged at my heart strings

5. Rachael's rating of the film Persepolis

Utterly superb. Had me gripped from start to finish.

6. Inteleter's rating of the film Persepolis

Liked this quite a lot. Animation, visuals and voice performances are all very good and the story was quite interesting. Overall very good.

7. Mimic Hootings's rating of the film Persepolis

Likeable and often moving autobiographical tale, somewhat undermined by cuteness and naivety (a rendition of 'Eye of the Tiger' is cause for particular regret). I'm not convinced by the animation; visually, it's beautiful from frame to frame, but there's no flow, so that it seems like the pages of a picture book being turned.

8. Henry12345's rating of the film Persepolis

9. Michele Maria Serrapica's rating of the film Persepolis

10. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Persepolis

Wonderful film - highly relevant to today's young Muslims seeking their identity in a more Westernized world.

11. mark's rating of the film Persepolis

Yet another great and deeply humane film from Iran; critical in equal measure of the broad range of political, ideological and religious dogma that increasingly appear to define national and regional identity over recent decades, in spite of the lessons of the 20th century. Intelligent, thoughtful and sensitive film making of the highest calibre, and as such, a great source of hope. Inspiring.

12. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Persepolis

Enjoyable animated fare that shows the turbulent life of a young Iranian girl as she finds herself, finds out more about tales from her family, and develops a core of feminism and inner strength that will serve her well as she ventures further and further away from home.

13. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Persepolis

14. alfredodimalo's rating of the film Persepolis

15. Bee Garns's rating of the film Persepolis

Brilliant, moving and very engaging. Who ever said that animation is just for kids?

16. Kenzozo's rating of the film Persepolis

Very clear and simple shown political scene and woman's place and role at the same, which there is none at that time. Strongly hedonistic through eyes of a girl who grew up with elder population through fundamentalist islamic state, which did not stop to succeed to become a lady which loves herself the way grandma always wanted for her. Cinema and family values at its finest. 5.0

17. r u f o's rating of the film Persepolis

18. Silvoieski's rating of the film Persepolis

It made me go research further into the history of the Iranian revolution, otherwise it is a normal teenage story.

19. Jonathan Pr's rating of the film Persepolis

20. Masha's rating of the film Persepolis

21. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film Persepolis

Haven't seen this film since its release but I remember being quite moved and struck by the fact that it offered a stern political critique and gender analysis without sinking into the "hate this regime because it oppressed me" syndrome. In other words, I didn't feel like emoting with the characters would make me complicit in U.S. foreign policy.

22. Hermann A. RG's rating of the film Persepolis

23. Teresa Silva's rating of the film Persepolis

Incredible coming of age story with outstanding visual narrative.

24. Luca's rating of the film Persepolis