1. bucharestaesthetics's rating of the film Persepolis

Anim’est 12 Captivating blend between the Iran-Iraq War & Iranian Revolution events and the effects they had on the personal lives of local inhabitants, coherent and easy-to-follow journey to maturation of the protagonist, apparently simple but well-constructed animation. Flaws would be the graphic symbolism and war-driven imagery, which are thrown into the film using an “in your face” technique, way too obviously.

2. Viktor Pedersen's rating of the film Persepolis

3. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Persepolis

The pacing, although perfect for the graphic novel, didn't work for the movie.

4. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Persepolis

Artículo ("Lápiz" revista internacional de arte): http://www.carlostejeda.com/2008_09_08_archive.html

5. surgery-ethic's rating of the film Persepolis

"You'll meet a lot of jerks in life. If they hurt you, remember it's because they're stupid. Don't react to their cruelty. There's nothing worse than bitterness and revenge. Keep your dignity and be true to yourself."

6. bouvardila's rating of the film Persepolis

"Be true to yourself." Okay grandma.

7. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Persepolis

8. lidiishere's rating of the film Persepolis

a good one! to learn about Iran's history

9. zohen lux's rating of the film Persepolis

i'm so glad i decided to watch this on women's day. thank you marjane satrapi

10. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Persepolis

If you're a fan of the graphic novel you can't expect much more from a screen adaptation. It's just like on paper, the only difference being it moves.

11. meiguiweisheng_xiang's rating of the film Persepolis

люблю этот комикс всем читать!!!

12. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film Persepolis

Sad. Because it's not fiction.

13. arcondicionado's rating of the film Persepolis

14. Balthaz21's rating of the film Persepolis

15. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Persepolis

The final act drags longer than I'd like. It feels like it needs to wrap up with Marjane being depressed and overcoming it but regardless it's a great coming of age story among a revolution with a pleasing comic book B & W art style. The political side didn't hit me that much, 'Waltz with Bashir' had a more thought provoking aspect but seeing the change in a country from one perspective is still food for thought.

16. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Persepolis

Loved how different the movie and the book made me feel, even tough the adaptation is as faithful as could be. Also, I watched it while traveling so it brought a whole other meaning to it, as Marjane constantly moves from city to city, from house to house. I felt that the word "home" meant nothing to her, by the end of it. I hope I never feel like that ever.

17. malachiesipucheala94's rating of the film Persepolis

18. ooming's rating of the film Persepolis

wow..... a favourite for sure.

19. baba lola's rating of the film Persepolis

20. Emrys's rating of the film Persepolis

Watched this with my 13-year-old Canadian (politically-minded) daughters, and it made for perfect family night. Couldn't be a better movie for our family (as an audience).

21. kailanthropy's rating of the film Persepolis

A cinematic masterpiece, fuck you

22. João Martins's rating of the film Persepolis

23. Joana Carolina's rating of the film Persepolis

the perfect portrait of opression.

24. Adèle Vivet's rating of the film Persepolis

L'animation comme le scénario de Persepolis sont incroyables, mais les bandes dessinées en disent tellement que l'adaptation des cinq tomes en 1h30 me laisse presque sur ma faim...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7