1. spasmolytic's rating of the film Pet Sematary

*edit The Shining > Carrie > Gerald's Game > Pet Sematary

2. João R's rating of the film Pet Sematary

There's something about Stephen King's stories that don't resonate with me (I tried other movies, I tried reading the books, ...). As for the movie, I kept feeling that it wanted to be sentimental, then it wanted to be funny and then it wanted to be scary - it's marvelous wanting to be all of this things but it ended up sacrificing its coherence. Nevertheless, the direction was refreshing.

3. msmichel's rating of the film Pet Sematary

'..sometimes dead is better...' Effective adaptation of the Stephen King novel holds up pretty well with serviceable direction by Mary Lambert and some memorable horror sequences. The main strike against the film is the lead turn by Dale Midkiff who is just awful throughout. Fairing better is Denise Crosby and the child actors. A good example of 80's style pop horror.

4. Balthaz21's rating of the film Pet Sematary

5. Log Lady's rating of the film Pet Sematary

Holy hell, the kid gave me the fucking creeps. The kitty was cute, though. Adorable fluff ball. I just wish the movie had retained the fever dream atmosphere of the book and its more effective ending.

6. _cmb's rating of the film Pet Sematary

This feels like a disney channel halloween movie for adults. I liked exploring the themes of death (and particularly fear & acceptance thereof), especially in the social context of family, but it just fell waay short for me. However, if you don't take it seriously at all, it can be a pretty fun watch, so 2.5 (also for the Zelda scenes which I thought were pretty great).

7. Pedderrs's rating of the film Pet Sematary

Sure, it's uneven and there are longs periods that leave you completely cold, but Pet Semetary is worth seeing just a couple of moments that are profoundly affecting. The final minutes are some of the most disturbing and heartbreaking you are ever likely to experience in a horror film. Unfortunately it's all over the place tonally -- some scenes play out like a melodrama, others are more akin to black comedy.

8. Z's rating of the film Pet Sematary

Mary Lambert's direction of this film is serviceable and workmanlike. The performances range from adequate to outright terrible. At times this almost feels like a television movie. However, the primal terror and creeping dread of King's seminal work still claws it's way to the surface. At it's best the film manages to convey some of the cold, shivery fear of the novel. The Zelda sequences are pure nightmare fuel.

9. iamgarethjones's rating of the film Pet Sematary

I'm not sure why it took me so long to watch this movie but I'm glad that I have. It's got all the ingredients of a classic 80s horror film including a family moving to a new home, an Indian burial ground, jump scares, blood, gore and a very creepy child.

10. James Roth's rating of the film Pet Sematary

Some genuinely creepy moments, mostly involving the mums troubled past with her sister but for the most part a little bit shambolic and doesn't really leave you with anything once it's over.

11. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Pet Sematary

For a predictable kitsch horror, it can really make you shudder sometimes. Full of so many creepy and silly characters, the one that bored me to death is the little girl Ellie - gurl, nobody cares about you, stop trying to get attention with those premonitions that already have happened.

12. Yayo's rating of the film Pet Sematary

It really gave me the chills the way the movie shows death in different ways.. No fair, no fair, no fair, no fair.. No fair

13. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Pet Sematary

Buon horror che mescola bene fantasy e horror. La trama è ben strutturata e riesce a coinvolgere molto grazie alle tematiche trattate. La componente horror è ben sfruttata e viene mescolata con elementi fantasy, creando una messa in scena veramente accattivante. I personaggi sono ben caratterizzati e risulta naturale l'empatia con il padre. La regia e la fotografia sono buone e non mancheranno momenti inquietanti.

14. ashtraygirl's rating of the film Pet Sematary

15. Brittany Dobish's rating of the film Pet Sematary

Always will be one of my favorite horror films. Perfectly casted, and a little over the top. Victor Pascow is the ultimate source of reason.

16. Neide Ramos's rating of the film Pet Sematary

There's no middle term with Stephen King's adaptations, either they turn out being great or they make you wish you never watched them in the first place. I have to say Pet Sematary was a pretty good one. Loved the early 90's perfect family vibe, all the spookiness of that mysterious blue fog and overall plot development, that even with it's undeniable predictiveness, still entertained me to the last second.

17. Polyglot's rating of the film Pet Sematary

18. dominique s.'s rating of the film Pet Sematary

Not very good and extremely underwhelming.

19. Kurmismedituoja's rating of the film Pet Sematary

my first horror movie, watched alone in dark room. Then - it was truly impressive.

20. SlavicaSkoric's rating of the film Pet Sematary

contradictory and unconvincing at best. few good scenes, stephen king cameo and three stars for that eighties atmosphere which makes it possible to both be amused and sick at the same time.

21. Pymo's rating of the film Pet Sematary

22. Sarah Perry's rating of the film Pet Sematary

23. Inês Catarino's rating of the film Pet Sematary

It's pretty funny...but so bad.

24. John Smith's rating of the film Pet Sematary

work of genius/ would watch every Halloween