1. bleadof's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

Great satire of Phantom of the Opera and music business! Over the top enough to be campy and flashy enough to epic. Love it.

2. Nachtreich's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

3. cyberia's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

4. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

Rewatch. Last time I had seen this I was in college...still fun to watch. I had forgotten how much of a corporate dystopia this film is! De Palma hates corporations. Jessica Harper sounds like Christine McVie when she sings and the design of the Death Records office is boss.

5. mubianer's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

The record label owner would definitely not be a hero among the #metoo crowd. For fans of cult, camp, glam and so on. I enjoyed the 70's Norwegian subtitles. 35mm

6. Jason's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

Pretty easy to forget that De Palma started off his career making dangerous comedies, and that when he works in a comic register that is when the real anarchy happens. PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE still seems like a revolutionary act, though to what end it is hard to say. There probably aren't any other movies that are more fun. Probably aren't any that are better cast, neither. As pleasurable as a really good party.

7. Renton47's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

One of the angriest statements on the relationship between suits and artists, perhaps even more cynical as it chews up the inspiration's romance plot into male-gaze fantasy. Most fulfilling as De Palma chases Finley's manic slapstick through gorgeously coloured corridors, the music occasionally taking too much spotlight... Bring back the Beef! 3.5

8. Moh de Mansour's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

One of my favourite film ever, hands down!

9. Ethan's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

This is by far the best adaptation of Phantom of the Opera, in my opinion.

10. FISCHER's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

Entre comédie musicale, parodie du milieu de la musique rock américaine et référence fantastique... www.cinefiches.com

11. Sacha Raphard's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

Une version très... différente de l'histoire du fantôme de l'opéra avec une touche de Faust et de Dorian Grey pour le moral. C'est très, très, très étrange, ça parle du milieu du spectacle, c'est un film des années 70, donc ça a pas peur d'être un peu graphique et c'est somme toute absolument génial.

12. Diderot's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

It's a not-terrible collection of references, from Faust to Psycho to Caligari, that boasts the first appearance of Suspiria-star Jessica Harper, but it's mostly just boring.

13. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

Rewatched and re-loved. Masterpiece, one of my all time favorites.

14. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

Seriously kitsch but quite original in the panorama of unconventional cinema. The film also contains a suprisinng mix of comedy, fantasies and horror. Slightly in the line of Ken Russell’s grotesque mythologies and fascination for transgressive genres, the burlesque and rock operas.

15. Fabiha's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

"Ink isn't worth anything to me."

16. msmichel's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

Bizarre is an adjective that just begins to describe this strange phantasmagoria from Brian De Palma. Melding 'Phantom of the Opera', 'Faust' and rock opera the film is visually impressive but definitely a product of its times. I only had seen the film pan&scan before today and its projection certainly changed my opinion. The use of split images, wild camera movements and inventive technique was impressive.

17. Max Chervin's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

Brilliantly campy and dark! An incredible soundtrack too Paul Williams has never been so terrifying :D

18. film_lies101's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

Despite the variety of source material, this one of De Palma's lest derivative works. A fun midnight flick to watch with a group of friends on a weekend. Also, might be the first instance with a person wearing a grill

19. Cependant's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

20. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

21. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

22. James Mackin's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

Phantom of the Opera meets Faust, meets the Picture of Dorian Gray. I love this film with a pure, distinct love.

23. Oh, hi Denny's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

24. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Phantom of the Paradise

I love the garish, goofy style here-- De Palma's most exciting film. I wish he had explored his unhinged side more in subsequent films.