1. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Piccadilly

2. Laura Suffield's rating of the film Piccadilly

Totally loved it, particularly the first half with its picture of London at this period. Also the clothes are divine, as is Anna May Wong. Also the way the Chinese community is presented is interesting, sort of wavering between the naturalistic/empathetic and the stereotypical. Obviously the plot is a bit creaky but that's a minor point.

3. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film Piccadilly

As in Varieté, it seems that Dupont's talent was in depicting atmospheres and the visual energy of places rather than narrative development. The film excels in transmitting the social excitement that goes on in the club, particularly in the first part.

4. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Piccadilly

First-class release of the British Film Institute. Let's stay focused on the first half of the film, the last part being, in my opinion, a little bit too melodramatic. But the first hour is royal with the director's choice to concentrate on the audience of the club and not only on the dance numbers. And guess who's in the audience? Charles Laughton as a wealthy blasé eating his foie gras. Mythical.

5. Sin título.'s rating of the film Piccadilly

Cinematográficamente encantadora, cada plano secuencia me recordó las cosas que poco a poco hicieron que me fascinara el cine. Esta es la reseña más subjetiva que he escrito hasta el momento. (20150911)

6. joanra's rating of the film Piccadilly

Una película anterior al cine en blanco y negro; en este caso cine en color ocre. Una historia de superación de una bailarina china en Broadway con una carga muy fuerte de sensualidad rozando la prostitución. El sonido falla, no se escuchan las voces, únicamente una música muy bien acoplada. Lo mejor el Londres victoriano. Lo peor seguramente algunos actores no eran profesionales. La protagonista una dama excelente.

7. M.Ogasa's rating of the film Piccadilly

8. Roslyn's rating of the film Piccadilly

Just saw this in a small arty cinema in Germany with a live pianist accompanying! Absolutely wonderful film.

9. Denise Stokes's rating of the film Piccadilly

I know this is a silent film but I was expecting a soundtrack with it :(

10. Scotch's rating of the film Piccadilly

Why did it take me so long to find Anna May Wong. The end.

11. Brad Scott's rating of the film Piccadilly

Amazing camera work, especially in the bar and also in the opening titles, but I must confess I found it just a bit pedestrian, and didn't have the dramatic tension of Asquith's Cottage on Dartmoor or Underground