1. ermete polpette's rating of the film Pickpocket

2. nejurgi's rating of the film Pickpocket

3. mikong's rating of the film Pickpocket

this is a perversion that we should all succumb to. jia zhangke is a technical god

4. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Pickpocket

film documentaire sur la chine ! **2015

5. Kifah Foutah's rating of the film Pickpocket

Anyone know where I can find this one? I have seen all of his movies but this and 24 city.

6. Maicol Andrés Ordoñez's rating of the film Pickpocket

You used to be able to see Xiao Wu on this site for free. I don't know what happened.

7. Daniel Kasman's rating of the film Pickpocket

Jia Zhangke is on fire now, but it is great to see his work back when he was making films in the Chinese underground, unsanctioned by the government. The actor who plays the lead in this has showed up in most of the director's films afterwards, I just saw him in STILL LIFE.

8. BLEIBTREU's rating of the film Pickpocket

The final scene is absolute payoff. You can see how the director was heavily influenced by European new wave directors. But his content, his writing, his picture is totally his own. Only remnants of what is seen in this film can still be witnessed in China today - merely 20 years later. Watch this for an eerily candid view of China before it became the powerhouse as we know it today.

9. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Pickpocket

the cultural and social disaster of one of the oldest civilizations in the world.

10. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Pickpocket

A series of events in the day to day life of a petty criminal.Yes,he is self absorbed,but there are scenes about keeping one's dignity while trying to survive.Especially,when friends reject him and he is unable to do anything about it.

11. simonadp's rating of the film Pickpocket

what i find extraordinary about jia zhangke's cinema is the ability to tell small, provincial stories of characters that happen to be, despite themselves, in the middle of momentous changes in the history and culture of China: the lack of identity, the sense of loss, the cultural displacement with western models and, above all, the violence, the disregard of a political system only able to exploit its own people.

12. Mary Anne Magajes's rating of the film Pickpocket

A FILM OF THE 90S IS MAYBE NOT IN THE BOX OFFICE.

13. Thorsten's rating of the film Pickpocket

My second Jia Zhangke. Similar slow style as in Still Life and a similar passive main character. Found it a bit longish, but that did not bother because there are some extraordinary beautifully shot sequences, for example the one in the karaoke bar with his love interest. Also I really missed the magical stuff from the later films (the rocketship in Still Life). This one here is a more strict neo-realism.