1. Jason's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

Doing a little Googling here and discover the chilling fact that Samuel Fuller's epochal PICKUP ON SOUTH STREET was well into its staggered market-to-market release when Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were executed, arriving in New York TWO DAYS before said event. Pretty hard to deny that this speaks queasily to dead-eyed premeditation. And no wonder the movie made Hoover so uptight! Hot topic is the way that we rhyme.

2. gld48's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

As New Yawk as it gets. I love that in all of these movies, the adults behave like adults - they smoke nonstop, they drink cold beers from the harbour and they don't betray their friends. Everyone was great in this but of course, Thelma Ritter steals the show again.You know its a Sam Fuller movie when the male lead punches a woman out cold in his oceanside shack.

3. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

What I love about Samuel Fuller is how he seems to be saying "Yeah, I'm biased and preachy so what? Fck you!" It's another cautionary tale about what happened when you wandered away from the family-centered capitalism of the 1950s, but... maybe subtlety is overrated or maybe it did get me to believe there is a magic face rubbing that makes pretty girls fall in love with dirt poor pickpockets... idk, but I liked it.

4. Lex Lucas's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

Moe's scene, with the turntable playing behind, stole everything.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

Samuel Fuller dépasse les conventions de la série B classique pour livrer un véritable film noir, âpre et tendu où Richard Widmark compose, comme à son habitude, une figure marquante de mauvais garçon...

6. Pedderrs's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

Despite Samuel Fuller's justified reputation as a subversive and unconventional film director, there's nothing really to distinguish Pickup on South Street from other ordinary film noir. Everything feels a little familiar and the ending is surprisingly flat. Still worth a watch though, if only to enjoy typically charismatic performances on the part of both Richard Widmark and All About Eve's Thelma Ritter.

7. Diogo Monteiro's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

The king of Noir films: Samuel Fuller!

8. HSBilly's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

good classy ride. thelma ritter's performance was diamond

9. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

"It's two ends against the middle"

10. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

Richard Widmark was not just a movie star, but a great actor, just like his idol Spencer Tracy. In this one he beats up some of those darn Communists we've been hearing so much about these days. Ah the 50's.

11. El Biffo's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

Nice style, I love Sam Fuller but this is Red-baiting McCarthyist propaganda. The whole "Reds are worse than crooks" routine. Even a disgusting slanderous reference to the Rosenbergs. America in the 1950's was ugly.

12. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

I'd rather play L.A, Noire.

13. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

14. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

15. Aardsy's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

Can I be disappointed it's not completely nuts?

16. Dignan's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

Without the usual Fuller conscience.

17. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

Are you wavin' the flag at me?

18. SpacePirate's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

Essential noir, with Widmark showing once again he was masterful in the genre (see Night and the City for another). My favorite Fuller

19. Steve G.'s rating of the film Pickup on South Street

Try and think of an average Richard Widmark performance. No, me neither. Samuel Fuller's paranoia tinged noir does the smart trick of turning his smartarse pickpocket into the hero of the piece, and no one could better at pulling it off than Widmark. Thelma Ritter's stoolie almost steals the show, but only almost. Excellent.

20. Georgia Millard's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

I was pretty excited to see this but it let me down. It wasn't dark enough and had a love story that happened in meer minutes. I didn't feel the characters personalities or drives were fully explored and the film seemed to trot on by. However still love Fullers works and did watch this till the end and Mo's dialogue and character was really rich and was wonderful to watch, she probably made the film for me.

21. Log Lady's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

Peters is the epitome of a tough as nails film noir gal, and although I wasn't a fan of the constant canoodling or the forced ending that wasn't in line with the rest of the movie, the overall execution is stylish. Easily one of the best film noirs.

22. José Neves's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

In "poesia" list because of Jean Petters and, most of all, the moment of Thelma Rittes murder, an unforgettable moment of cinema, with the great actress representing the immense sadness of life's disinherited.

23. Joe Zaydon's rating of the film Pickup on South Street

Cops, pickpockets, commies, and ethics all rolled into a taut 80 minute film-noir. What's not to like?

24. TheBigCombo's rating of the film Pickup on South Street