1. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Picnic

2. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film Picnic

I hope I never get as desperate as Rosemary hahah

3. P.P.'s rating of the film Picnic

Rosalind Russell's performance is worth watching at the very least.

4. Histioteuthis's rating of the film Picnic

Sometimes it get's small town despair particularly of women sort of right (or maybe that's just because I love Russell and Novak) but like Holden is as like everyone says way too old to do Rebel Without A Cause angst, but more in that he seems like someone who would have been really good at it years before this movie

5. Aardsy's rating of the film Picnic

Beautiful Cinemascope, terrible movie.

6. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Picnic

2.5 Worth seeing once. It needed more R. Russel.

7. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Picnic

The dance scene is as hot today as it was years ago. Kim Novak is the only naturalistic performer in this film. Everyone else, without exception, is hamming. James Wong Howe's cinematography is beautiful and gives the film some nuance.

8. Brian O'blivion's rating of the film Picnic

9. bclvines@gmail.com's rating of the film Picnic

This is precisely the moment when I came to not only Love William Holden, but ADORE his irresolutely. Kim Novak is perfectly cast as well. I don't ever see her as she is in Vertigo when I recall her any more, I recall her washing her hair in Picnic. This film is so very terrific.

10. Nick McGaw's rating of the film Picnic

What a gloriously terrible movie. One of the best times I've had watching something in quite awhile. William Holden's dance scene alone made me laugh till I cried.

11. pjjrfan's rating of the film Picnic

WTH it's a love story and it's different adn I like it.

12. MarcH's rating of the film Picnic

Overwrought (and the parody-like music cues don't help), but I deeply love this film for attempting to blow the lid off small town charm. You'll download "Moonglow" to your iPod after watching.

13. Robert Karol's rating of the film Picnic

Nothing against William Holden, but I feel this would have worked much better with Ralph Meeker in the lead role.

14. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film Picnic

It's a mess, a complete, total, and utter mess. I have a feeling the play the film was based upon is a lot more daring and complex than the film itself. However this is still a fun little melodrama and I just love the Technicolor cinematography so I can't totally hate on it. It kills two hours.

15. David Kraus's rating of the film Picnic

Has the least boring dance scene I've seen.

16. chanandre's rating of the film Picnic

[Cinémathèque PT #279: 35 mm]

17. Roscoe's rating of the film Picnic

Terribly terribly dated -- the script and the play are a batch of easy psychological and coming of age tropes, a lot less than meets the eye. Holden's just way too fucking old for the role, there's just no doubt about it.