1. FISCHER's rating of the film Pigeons of the Square

Une approche fort sympathique de ces volatiles ! www.cinefiches.com

2. Mitsunoir's rating of the film Pigeons of the Square

ひたすら鳩の生態について語る、餌を投げると我先にと争う様子をアメフトとして実況してるところが面白かった。

3. Imago Vanitas's rating of the film Pigeons of the Square

Such a beautiful work. Lovely framed. Exquisite print dust and noise crackle breathing even thru the pixels of that HD screen I have used to watch it. Human kind in all of his futility I've watched as well. When viewing those pigeons lifting and landing, memoirs of E.J.Marey films came into motion, slowly, gentle like the poetry within the documentalist observateur.

4. panagiotatos's rating of the film Pigeons of the Square

5. DrFirestone's rating of the film Pigeons of the Square

As always Painlevé presents rather unremarkable subject, and manages to surprise us with his unique compilation of a document, storytelling, poetry. This time however, I was slightly disappointed. It seems to be aimed towards children, but as it progresses, and especially towards the end, it just floods with tiny details about pigeon flight physics. I felt it wasn't as smooth and relaxing as Painlevé's earlier work.

6. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Pigeons of the Square

I liked it more than the other documentaries on aquatic animals. Maybe it is because I like birds a lot.

7. captainfez's rating of the film Pigeons of the Square

Rats Of The Air: The Documentary.

8. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Pigeons of the Square

9. Rubis's rating of the film Pigeons of the Square

10. Nachtreich's rating of the film Pigeons of the Square

11. her wavelength's rating of the film Pigeons of the Square

wonderful. painlevé appears in this one. that's a gift in itself.

12. Superfrog's rating of the film Pigeons of the Square

One of my favorite Painlevé. More didactic than some others. The rugby commentary scene is a bit heavy-handed.

13. Ludovic72's rating of the film Pigeons of the Square

La rétrospective Jean Painlevé s'achève en beauté. Rendre des pigeons intéressants, ce n'était vraiment pas gagné ! Nous avons droit à des flots d'informations sur leur plumage, leur bec, leur pattes, leur vol, leur atterrissage, leur douteuse technique de drague... Le maître explique à des enfants comment imiter leur démarche, il commente une mêlée de pigeons comme un match de rugby... Quel boute-en-train, ce Jean !

14. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Pigeons of the Square