1. Jackson Staninger's rating of the film Pinocchio

The Citizen Kane of Disney Animation. This coming of age epic is perfect in every way. A contender for the greatest animated film of all time.

2. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Pinocchio

Not the braying or the nausea-green smoking: there is no more distressing sight here is than the early crossing of the sinful fox with Pinocchio, like a vise squeezing innocence forever, tainted the once pure promise of eternal happiness. As for the rest, well " Yes, Pinocchio. I've given you life" - Why? (...) "Father, it's me!" [and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us].

3. luís debonoir's rating of the film Pinocchio

4. Rocco's rating of the film Pinocchio

70+ years on, I wouldn't say this is the healthiest of viewing experiences for the youth of today. While naively moralistic, the film is quite fun in its dour- bordering-on-horrific way and the animation is beyond gorgeous. The big song feels a tad out of place here, but it will still bring a tear to your eye.

5. anacecil's rating of the film Pinocchio

6. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Pinocchio

7. James Mackin's rating of the film Pinocchio

I get why'd he want to lose the nose. That could be annoying. Just like this movie.

8. Kyle Ellis's rating of the film Pinocchio

Fantastical! Wonderful! Amazing! Mesmerizing! These words go above and beyond for this movie, and if I could say anymore, I would call it the best disney film of all time. There are a few films that I like to say I admire more, but I loved everything about "Pinocchio" and all the adventures that he goes on throughout the film. It's all about making your wishes come true by being a good person at heart,

9. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Pinocchio

A phantasmagorium of bug-eyed horror! Some impressive set-pieces and winsome clackity movements, but oddly dreary in places. The villains are remarkably unwholesome!

10. carlajrzg's rating of the film Pinocchio

One of the saddest movie Disney has ever made, great animation.

11. Tatami's rating of the film Pinocchio

This remains the greatest Disney in my eyes. The animation is excellent, the story daring to go into the darker territories and the music some of the best heard in Disney films. As a child I was mesmerised by so many little things, such as the music & colours preceding the arrival of the blue fairy, the coin bending, the shiny medal, the wood burning in Monstro, the children turning into donkeys and more. Quality.

12. Elle Johnston's rating of the film Pinocchio

I know it's a mortal sin but I'm not a huge fan of Disney. I much preferred more 'adult' films as a child so never really had that Disney magic. Pinocchio is one of my least favourites.

13. Sarah J.B.'s rating of the film Pinocchio

As absolutely stunning as it may be, the film suffers from haphazard shifts between its episodic plot lines and does not maintain the ebb and flow one witnesses in other productions under Ben Sharpsteen such as DUMBO. With fascinating narrative juxtapositions between beauty and ugliness, tenderness and crass, and so on, the film maintains a level of the unexpected that both warms and terrifies the heart.

14. Ylly's rating of the film Pinocchio

15. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Pinocchio

16. Elme Dino's rating of the film Pinocchio

17. Chris_Parker's rating of the film Pinocchio

Despite sugar-coating Collodi's super dark fable, Disney's version of Pinocchio surpasses the source material & remains the greatest of all animated films - a haunting evocation of what it means to be human. The ending, which remains one of the great moments in all of fiction, locates the unspoken moral of all fairy tales - to be real is to be mortal, to be human is to die. If you liked this film, watch A.I. (2001).

18. caitlin.f's rating of the film Pinocchio

19. Lino Monteiro's rating of the film Pinocchio

Pinocchio, in spite of its likable protagonist and famous amusing conscience, is actually much darker than people give it credit for. In a dark, ominous world that preys on the innocent and the susceptible to temptation, the lead character's journey to become a real boy is stirring and even unnerving at times. But the payoff is emotionally very satisfying. Pinocchio stands as a paragon of the message of hope.

20. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Pinocchio

There are no strings on me!

21. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Pinocchio

A wonderful family film, and another towering pillar in the canon of animated films.

22. jenifferp's rating of the film Pinocchio

23. Lorena Brandão's rating of the film Pinocchio

24. Danno's rating of the film Pinocchio

It has moments of greatness and terror, and it's worth it for those moments. It still seems uneven and at times incoherent. This was Disney animators at the height of their game.