1. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

In few other sacred places it would've been more perverse

2. between7skies's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

3 1/2. Signature Varda poetic, elliptical associations. Beautiful frames. Where would it go, if she explored a longer version of the same subject? Can only wish.

3. EdieEmm's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

I love this because it's like a commitment to connoisseurship: The *specific* pleasure of love in Iran - as if it were an episode of some Love Around the World serial travelogue... And in Iran, it's that the architecture seems to give you overwhelming, even indisputable, permission to abandon yourself to sensuality, i.e. that place between the sacred and the profane. Very 70s. Would've loved to've seen that Iran.

4. Helmi Kajaste's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Wonderful fluidity between architecture and people

5. David Rivera Castro's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

6. Leire's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Nice premise but did it conclude?

7. floatingufo's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Quite a nice short - I found it didn't go that far. Worth a watch!

8. Stefano Pedrocchi's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

9. Helena's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

I just thought the idea was kind of funny, it could have lasted more though

10. Quattro's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

11. edera's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

12. sexliesvideotape's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

13. Renton47's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Sometimes in beautiful architecture we are thinking about sex, and sometimes in sex we think about architecture. Sometimes we construct monuments in lieu of love and sometimes we write poems on toilet paper.

14. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Not in the movie... B-sided, bad sized.

15. Cependant's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Caresses amoureuses par l'architecture.

16. Aydin KhaliliK's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Western Gaze which sees nothing but erotic exotism in east...didn't like it.

17. Zac Weber's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

An exploration of sexuality within the confines of a traditional society. I enjoy Varda's curiosity and meandering camera, but this short film teeters dangerously close to commodifying Iran. Edward Said refers to this Western scholarly/artistic tendency more generally in his seminal text "Orientalism." I was quite fond of the final line: "A most titillating place for lovers, even if they are characters in a film."

18. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Lack of French understanding (and no subs) led me to be a bit confused at what they are saying. But the gist of two people from different worlds in love somewhere as breathtaking as this mosque in Esfahan needs no explanation. The artwork, architecture and beautiful exotic shots are fully realised. Short and sweet, an eastern delight.

19. El Biffo's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

"The crossroads between sacred and profane art."

20. Dominic Rainsford's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Not convinced this is more than decorative orientalism.

21. Luciana's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

22. msmichel's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Erotic short from Varda equally interested in vocalizing sexuality between the sexes and in the erotism in persian art and architecture. INTERESTING in that being shot in 1976 it was before the so-called cultural revolution. Same film couln't have been made just 3 years later. Varda a genius even in a film of just 6 minutes.

23. WeirdHair's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

A postcard of a sensual and exotic Iran before the Cultural Revolution

24. All Is Grace's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

I haven't watched the film, but I've been to Great King Mosque.