1. darth_david@msn.com's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

2. Leire's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Nice premise but did it conclude?

3. floatingufo's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Quite a nice short - I found it didn't go that far. Worth a watch!

4. Stefano Pedrocchi's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

5. Helena's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

I just thought the idea was kind of funny, it could have lasted more though

6. Quattro's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

7. edera's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

8. sexliesvideotape's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

9. Renton47's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Sometimes in beautiful architecture we are thinking about sex, and sometimes in sex we think about architecture. Sometimes we construct monuments in lieu of love and sometimes we write poems on toilet paper.

10. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Not in the movie... B-sided, bad sized.

11. Cependant's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Caresses amoureuses par l'architecture.

12. Aydin KhaliliK's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Western Gaze which sees nothing but erotic exotism in east...didn't like it.

13. Zac Weber's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

An exploration of sexuality within the confines of a traditional society. I enjoy Varda's curiosity and meandering camera, but this short film teeters dangerously close to commodifying Iran. Edward Said refers to this Western scholarly/artistic tendency more generally in his seminal text "Orientalism." I was quite fond of the final line: "A most titillating place for lovers, even if they are characters in a film."

14. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Lack of French understanding (and no subs) led me to be a bit confused at what they are saying. But the gist of two people from different worlds in love somewhere as breathtaking as this mosque in Esfahan needs no explanation. The artwork, architecture and beautiful exotic shots are fully realised. Short and sweet, an eastern delight.

15. El Biffo's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

"The crossroads between sacred and profane art."

16. Dominic Rainsford's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Not convinced this is more than decorative orientalism.

17. msmichel's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Erotic short from Varda equally interested in vocalizing sexuality between the sexes and in the erotism in persian art and architecture. INTERESTING in that being shot in 1976 it was before the so-called cultural revolution. Same film couln't have been made just 3 years later. Varda a genius even in a film of just 6 minutes.

18. WeirdHair's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

A postcard of a sensual and exotic Iran before the Cultural Revolution

19. All Is Grace's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

I haven't watched the film, but I've been to Great King Mosque.

20. robin's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

Fragment of one couple's journey, two universal lovers on a backdrop of a landscape they are trying to understand and decipher - wast, beautiful, mysterious and unfamiliar - much like love itself.

21. Fabio Espejo's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

a poem written in a toilet paper, cool!

22. comeandsee's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

varda invesigates almost everything in her cinema, and in this she looks at the sexuality in cinema, in images and how they can seduce. also it reminded me of marienbad, with many of the shots. and looked like it was a work only this member of the rive gauche could make. even in shorts, varda is a genius.

23. Adrian Jonathan's rating of the film Plaisir d'amour en Iran

This is what every couple should talk about when they talk about love. Varda shows us how to delve into romantic subjects, while reminding us the poetic dissonance of religion and art.