1. amysimpson's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

very funny, very sweet, very good. impressed.

2. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

I loved this when I was younger but re-watching it nowadays I wonder why? I just don't think the duo of Martin and Candy pairing up really works that well. Candy really puts in the work load of this film on comedy and emotion but Martin just feels detached for the whole film. It does have it's moments to be fair (those aren't pillows, I want a fucking car) but reaching the end it's starting to breath of fumes.

3. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

(...)In Planes, Trains And Automobiles gehts nicht darum, dass sich durch die andauernde Geiselhaft aus zwei Typen, die nicht zusammen passen, Freunde werden. In einem schlechteren Film hätte man die Handlung darauf beschränken können. In Hughes Komödie aber geht es um Empathie. Es geht darum zu verstehen, was der Andere fühlt.(...)

4. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

5. James Mackin's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

This is one of the most unrealistic movies I have ever seen. But it's kinda funny.

6. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

7. Emily O's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

8. Mark Tallo's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

When I had the saddest day of the last ten years I found this on Netflix and it allowed me to escape for two hours. Now maybe this is not much of a review but I am thankful it was there.

9. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

proof that roadtrips bring people closer

10. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

This film continues to outclass its imitators and remain a comedy classic. I think a lot of that has to do with John Hughes: his writing and direction is so strong, you feel every bit of the characters' troubles, even as you're constantly laughing. Martin and Candy have both called this film a personal favorite in their careers, and you can see that joy in the quality of their performances.

11. DaisyJ's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

A lot of memorable scenes, but my favorite is the one near the ending.

12. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

John Hughes's best film. Without teens. Highly recommended.

13. BRAND UPON THE BRAIN!'s rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is basically Steve Martin being a rich guy getting mad at a poor sad sap with a dead wife the whole time and making him watch his happy family’s Thanksgiving.

14. Vineeth Pinglae's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

has a nice blend of humor and heart ..here comedy rises from the situation's in which protagonists end up in.. their characters,their reactions make the situation laughable ..even though it might not seem so to them..enjoyable film

15. Howie's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Hughes for adults, still sharp, funny and touching.

16. SlinkyLi's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

a slow start, probably due to the cold weather

17. Squiffle's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

The Thanksgiving film to end all Thanksgiving films. What seems at first to be a lowbrow buddy comedy reveals itself to be a stunningly detailed portrait of a man trapped within a limbo of loneliness. The all-consuming sadness that permeates this film finally reveals itself in the incredible final five minutes and an especially poignant final shot that calls upon the entire personal history and future of John Candy.

18. Shelley's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

"yep, had her baby sideways. didn't yell once."

19. Polyglot's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

''Some coffee? No. Milk? No. Soda? No. Some tea? No. Life Savers? No. Slurpee?''

20. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

The perfect comedy of situations.

21. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

John Candy deserved a Academy Award nomination for this. By far his best work.

22. Zachary W's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Love Steve Martin, love John Candy, respect John Hughes, hate hate hate hate hate this movie.

23. Brian O'blivion's rating of the film Planes, Trains & Automobiles