1. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Platform

2. Nicole Cahali's rating of the film Platform

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Platform

4. lina maj's rating of the film Platform

I paused at least 20 times. Not that the movie was bad, but somehow it was such an excruciating experience for me. I hope I can go back to it one day and like it.

5. -REM-'s rating of the film Platform

6. Dominic Rainsford's rating of the film Platform

Slow, not all that eventful, but extraordinarily involving.

7. joey Noodles's rating of the film Platform

Staggering cinema, surely one of the finest films of the 21st Century and certainly one of the most moving and poetic. Jia casts a beautiful eye over the lives of a group of travelling artists who experience the changes and reforms of Chinese society in the 80s, and while it's so huge in scale, Jia never loses his attention to the fine subtleties and the stunning level of humanity he brings, his masterpiece. 5/5

8. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Platform

With Éloge de l'amour (Godard), Syndromes and Century (Weersathakul), In Vanda's Room-Colossal Youth (Costa), West of the Tracks (Bing) and Ten (Kiarostami), Platform is one of the most important achievement in the 21th Century so far!

9. Diana Casanova's rating of the film Platform

I wish I could find this film.

10. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Platform

My favourite theatre screened the 193-minute cut of Jia's masterpiece, and I have not seen the shorter one to compare, but this is essential viewing in every respect.

11. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Platform

I feel like I'll need a better transfer with better subtitles to fully grasp the details and story arc of this one—someone, please get on that—but I was gripped for the two and a half hours, digging the elliptical style that feels like dipping in and out of strangers lives as one era gives way to another.

12. Andrei Rus's rating of the film Platform

It reminded me of Edward Yang's "Brighter Summer Day" and of Hou Hsiao-hsien's films (some of my favourite films ever). It was a really complex and emotional experience. I was blown, and now I have to get out for a walk to think about it. Great, great film and director.

13. Aaron G.'s rating of the film Platform

Amazing shots and use of sound, in particular music. Alternately very funny ("Pushkin"), chilling (the discussion of Piggy while learning to smoke), heart breaking (Cui's miner cousin), moving (the two bookending haircuts) and so much more. I've never seen a film better capture how much of life is determined by where (and to whom) you happen to be born. Never heavy handed. An absolute masterpiece.

14. xuxuxush's rating of the film Platform

15. Andrew Birch's rating of the film Platform

This is how you earn nostalgia.

16. Eloi MV's rating of the film Platform

I finally get this thing call Jia Zhangke

17. Jake Cole's rating of the film Platform

It doesn't blend doc and fiction like later films, but Platform is Jia's most ontological focus on being, history and culture. He embodies something of all the great modern poets (Kiarostami, Hou, Edward Yang, Tsai, even a bit of Wong Kar-Wai, if only on an emotional and not aesthetic level). No one has better captured China's sociopolitical hypocrisy, and no one has better depicted the aching humanity beneath it.

18. Vahid Mortazavi's rating of the film Platform

Pleasures of discovering of one of the best filmmakers of the decade ... Last night, I watched "Platform" and liked it ...

19. electricdragon80000v's rating of the film Platform

You want to see what the 80s were really like? Throw your hot tub time machine in the dumpster and watch this. It's a microcosm of human life, with all its inescapable pressures, mundane hardships, quiet triumphs, and little indignities.

20. chanandre's rating of the film Platform