1. blkrchs's rating of the film Platoon

2. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Platoon

Viene sapientemente messa alla berlina l'insensatezza e la brutalità della guerra. Bella trama e grande protagonista idealista, che pian piano viene corrotto. La brutalità e l'imbarbarimento dell'uomo sono stati resi benissimo. Ottime le scene di conflitto, con alcuni momenti eccezionali. Il ritmo è molto buono. I rapporti fra i commilitoni sono ben strutturati e appassionano.Regia e fotografia ispirate e curatissime

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Platoon

Une excellente oeuvre de reconstitution et de dénonciation, sincère et prenante... www.cinefiches.com

4. MistaRichard's rating of the film Platoon

Nice ensemble cast full of career-starting roles and a great one by Willem Dafoe. The monologues are too on-the-nose to the point that they sound vaguely preachy. The visual effects leave a lot to be desired too, breaking the suspension of disbelief almost continuously. Almost 30 years after its release, it just doesn't hold up to the test of time.

5. luís debonoir's rating of the film Platoon

6. DenoResandono's rating of the film Platoon

One of the best war movie about Vietnam War - along with Coppola's Apocalypse Now and Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket. Oliver Stone gave us a nightmarish depiction of Vietnam War. Just like what Charlie Sheen's character said about the war, Stone also succeed to make the war in this movie like hell. He didn't forget to give a deeper characterization to each characters. Not to mention, that "famous" Willem Dafoe scene...

7. miles's rating of the film Platoon

found this a little laborious, perhaps I wan't in the mood for this yet..

8. Paolo Utili's rating of the film Platoon

9. Mar J's rating of the film Platoon

10. Aaken's rating of the film Platoon

I could never really relate to war films, even less to war films about Vietnam. But Oliver Stone's Platoon is compelling to watch, and this tale of innocence lost is made even more poignant by the great cast - Charlie Sheen, Willem Dafoe Forest Whitaker to Johnny Depp, and forces the audience to face the tragic pointlessness of Manichean thinking.

11. ceknklsn's rating of the film Platoon

12. Jérôme's rating of the film Platoon

13. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Platoon

I liked it better when Willem Dafoe played a Christ figure in Last Temptation.

14. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Platoon

15. kris's rating of the film Platoon

This is a film that stays consistent. Its right in the thick of it and moves quickly.It leaves little time to really appreciate the characters but i thought the actors worked well together. Its also good to see Charlie Sheen at his best.

16. Malte's rating of the film Platoon

Wet and claustrophobic.

17. smndvdcl's rating of the film Platoon

Stone is a cinematic maximalist, for better or worse. Platoon's influence on war films is unmistakeable, but it lacks the poetic psychological depth of Malick's 'The Thin Red Line' or the haunting grace of Kubrick's 'Paths of Glory'. Iconic and distinctive (like many Stone films) but also a film in caps lock.

18. yovargas's rating of the film Platoon

A solid, competent war movie, nothing more, nothing less. There's nothing wrong with it, per se, but there are just so many "war is hell" movies that you really need something special or distinct to stand out and this one had nothing, nothing I haven't seen many times before. This gets an unremarkable C.

19. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Platoon

I'm actually a little unsure about how I feel about this movie. Obviously it has great battle scenes but in my mind the relationship between Taylor, Elias and Barnes wasn't what it could've been... Other than that the usual moral dilemma's that come with war were portrayed nicely. Personally I like the more conceptual war movies though like Apocalypse Now and The Thin Red Line.

20. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Platoon

1986, dir. OLIVER STONE - 8,2/10 (USA)

21. IV NEVER BEEN TO A RODEO's rating of the film Platoon

22. Levent Güçer's rating of the film Platoon

23. Manfred Matela's rating of the film Platoon

Absolutely gut-wrenching, raw portrayal of the Vietnam war. Terrific.

24. film_lies101's rating of the film Platoon

Sample in Ministry's 'Flashback' song comes from this film. Yes, that is why I'm giving it three stars