1. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

Well, this is another one of those Woody Allen films that are based on troubled relationship & you can easily tell how it will proceed; Allen is always playing himself. Although quite funny in some seldom scenes, overall it is not amusing. Tony Robert's character really sucks (telephone numbers) and in Diane Keaton's acting strangely something indefinable is lacking. A slapstick-comedy of a boring kind: 2,5 stars.

2. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

I don't understand what people see in Casablanca but oh well... nice ending

3. bartkl's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

Very authentic, cool cult movie with an increasingly high likeability over time. Some of the reckless slapstick-like humor invoked feelings of vicarious shame at first, but they grow on you, mainly because they fit in so well with the furthermore experimental, fourth-wall breaking absurdity. The Casablanca parallel is nicely done, and I loved Allan's explicitly depicted fantasies at the end. Great film.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

Un fanatique de cinéma se retrouve seul après que sa femme l'a quitté. Il essaye de reconquérir d'autres coeurs en compagnie de son ami de longue date Humphrey Bogart ..... Etonnant ! www.cinefiches.com

5. Ed S's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

I think it's a perfect film, more or less. Aside from the absurd fiction that Allen's character is 29 and some iffy gender politics, it's pretty much flawless. I don't think I've ever laughed out loud so much during a film. And the way that the last line ties the whole thing together... magnificent. All the way through it's packed with ideas and well-made decisions. Awe-inspiring.

6. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

7. Eva Bosch's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

Allen's stuff using Casablanca as a back drop.

8. Al Green's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

One of my favourite Wood Allen films. The premise of having a macho movie hero to guide you through all of life's insecurities is a brilliant vehicle for Allen's constant neurotic, self doubt. The dialogue is really sharp and there's no stagnation as with some of Allen's later work. I love Allen's self discovery and the letting go of the Bogart character when he realises he's found some inner peace.

9. Sarah's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

Looked promising but the first casual reference to violence towards women was bad enough, the repeated return to the subject in the same way was unacceptable.

10. SpacePirate's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

Woody's first true masterstroke? Sure he didnt direct, but he wrote the play its based on, the screenplay, and starred. The following years Sleeper is perhaps the more inventive while still remaining hilarious at times, this one is a pure comedy with just the slightest hint at the dramatic depth he would pursue later in his career. A real surprise of a film. Easy to recommend. 4 stars

11. Steve G.'s rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

Great to see Woody branch out and be in someone else's film!

12. Tja's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

Woody has been around so long and is so prolific, that its easy to forget how witty and inventive many of his earlier films are. Keeton is so, so as the stooge, and the Bogart stand-in does a reasonable job. We'll always have Paris ...and time to re-view Casablanca.

13. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

Woody Allen, Diane Keaton, and Tony Roberts have fun in this film adaptation of the play of the same name, directed here by Herbert Ross, but some of the dialogue feels a bit too awkward and Allen overdoing his eye-rolling, nervy schtick brings it down a notch.

14. benjamin.br@hotmail.co.uk's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

A bright and breezy watch, with Allen on top form as an awkward misfit. Somewhat comparable to the later film The Purple Rose of Cairo with its merging of the world of the cinema with that of reality. Keaton is also charming and radiant as always. All in all, well worth the watch.

15. miles's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

I think this was when he found a formula.

16. gramsci13's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

Allen's script finds a blend of the neurotic. comic and romantic. The homage to Bogart & Casablanca is masterly, and there are plenty of good sight gags and snappy one-liners

17. mar.carmena@ed.ac.uk's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

18. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

19. Balthaz21's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

20. ughchenausea's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

"il mio avvocato chiamerà il tuo" "io non ho avvocati, fagli chiamare il mio dottore."

21. illibelulle's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

22. wiwitaek's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

23. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

24. Esra Yılmaz's rating of the film Play It Again, Sam

in time thıs character became an Allen classic but I love this movie; allen version of casablanca and that neurotic new yorker talks to me every single time makes me laugh a lot