1. Jeremy's rating of the film Please Give

Well, I really wanted to like this more. But ultimately there isn’t enough of a central plot to satisfactorily tie together the individual threads of these characters’ lives. Great performances from a top quality cast, though, and I loved hearing the guy dropping his $700 vase off screen! Also, maybe it was just me but it didn’t *feel* much like a New York movie. A little disappointing.

2. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film Please Give

A sweet little thing - but leaves a slightly sour taste in the mouth. The guilt of New York liberals laid bare, Loved Ann Morgan Guibert as the crotchety gran!

3. MichaelK's rating of the film Please Give

Well shot and really nicely set up, with realistic and to some extent relatable characters. But the absence of a main plot makes it a surprisingly long, and ultimately not very meaningful watch, other than to enjoy the aesthetics of it.

4. 'king Harold's rating of the film Please Give

Middle class-holes! Not really - they're very nice. In fact I could never understand why people like Mike Leigh are so lauded when it comes to class, I find him a dreadful snob. This on the other hand is much more sensitive and accurate. Catherine Keener is very good and I find her rather attractive. Get down Shep!

5. Superfrog's rating of the film Please Give

It is not bad, and some of the people dynamics are interesting. This film has no depth though.

6. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Please Give

Written and directed by Nicole Holofcener, Please Give is an enjoyable comedy drama that is boosted by a superb ensemble cast, all doing great work. Rebecca Hall, Catherine Keener, Oliver Platt, Amanda Peet, and Sarah Steele are the stars, and there are plenty of slightly familiar faces in small supporting roles.

7. Federico D'Accinni's rating of the film Please Give

A great cast and some really interesting character development: Holofcener's PLEASE GIVE grows more and more as each minute passes by and every single relationship in the story finds its own path. Humour and drama coexist perfectly with each other, offering some witty dialogues and a few really clever reflections on adult life. P.S. How long do we still have to wait to see Noah Baumbach directing Rebecca Hall...?

8. Steven Nuttall's rating of the film Please Give

A morally confused assuage of guilt; but an amusing one.

9. Sue's rating of the film Please Give

A very human film, exploring various aspects of feelings and personality. It was very funny but also insightful and moving......the acting is superb, as it the script. Some brilliant 'cringy' moments. I really loved this film.

10. tealeaves's rating of the film Please Give

Really touched and tickled by this. Love Rebecca Hall.

11. Robert H's rating of the film Please Give

Some odd subtle comedy choices and inconsequential arcs, but charming and relaxed. Solid acting from Catherine Keener and Rebecca Hall (although she cannot seem to escape being typecast for these types of roles). Not my usual film, but well worth the watch!

12. nickolia's rating of the film Please Give

A funny, somewhat sentimental film with some good acting. Worth a watch.

13. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Please Give

Odd, sweetly unassuming and gently existential.

14. xrystyna's rating of the film Please Give

15. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Please Give

16. pietroz's rating of the film Please Give

17. MarcelVonPure's rating of the film Please Give

18. Elayla's rating of the film Please Give

Had its good moments. But I wouldn't rewatch it.

19. Grace C's rating of the film Please Give

My favorite insight from this movie was that bit about how having a dog makes it okay to walk around with bags of poop. I return to this often.

20. MichaelBarry's rating of the film Please Give

21. Edward Copeland's rating of the film Please Give

Nicole Holofcener assembles a multi-layered ensemble in this great slice of life about the waking wounded in contemoorary New York. http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2010/12/life-among-walking-wounded.html

22. rowdyman's rating of the film Please Give

Sometimes amusing, intimate, affecting but mostly ambivalent. It probably struck a chord with me due to my age and the fact that there is a lot of nice furniture on display.

23. treehouse's rating of the film Please Give

24. Kirby's rating of the film Please Give

Some of the sub-plots fall flat, but as a whole, it's not too bad. Guilbert steals almost every scene she's in. I may even go as far as calling her performance Oscar-worthy. Maybe.