1. vvni's rating of the film Pocahontas

I count myself blessed to have had a childhood with these movies, instead of what today's children are left with (to name a few, The Emoji Movie, Born Leader - The Boss Baby).

2. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Pocahontas

It's a mystery Mad Max had to voice John Smith, Pocahontas should never have been a Disney princess when she was actually real life heroine in American history, and Christian Bale starred in another film about her afterwards. Stick with Terry Malick's masterful take instead.

3. Star Lord's rating of the film Pocahontas

4. Jackson Staninger's rating of the film Pocahontas

EXTREMELY Poor Man's Princes Mononoke (1997). The main characters are boring, crappy villain, crappier plot, with or without the uncomfortable historical inaccuracies. Still, the real life story you'll find in your history book is more interesting than this, and this is a history that we know very little about.

5. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Pocahontas

6. Max Chervin's rating of the film Pocahontas

It's revisionist, oversimplifying and manipulating but god damn if it wasn't excellently made, with powerful music and a unique aesthetic

7. hamsa's rating of the film Pocahontas

8. James Mackin's rating of the film Pocahontas

Terence Malick told this story in a superior way.

9. Thomas O'Neill's rating of the film Pocahontas

The music and animation are good, but I hate the story.

10. Mariana Narciso's rating of the film Pocahontas

11. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Pocahontas

12. Sarah J.B.'s rating of the film Pocahontas

Most people approach this film for its controversy. While it is a constricted (due to a time limit and its audience) moral tale and historical recollection, what it is able to show is genuine and powerful. The film elegantly touches upon many fascinating topics (colonization, racism, semantics, arranged marriage) with enough depth that it really works. And, without a doubt, some of Disney's best visuals of all time.

13. Christian Reguitti's rating of the film Pocahontas

Wish I could love it like i did when i was a kid and didnt know too much else but now its just a painful sequence of faked and romanticized bullpoop

14. miskiamber's rating of the film Pocahontas

The stars for filmography and for being one of my childhood phenomena. The minus stars for showing everyhing is like okay in terms of Pocahontas and her family. Like there was no genocide, no pain, no blood on the continent of the native Americans.

15. G. Gregorius Dewamanyu's rating of the film Pocahontas

16. troopsofdoom's rating of the film Pocahontas

dos poucos que gosto da disney

17. Jordan H's rating of the film Pocahontas

I developed a fever in the theater during this movie, so I associate it with cold sweats and headaches.

18. emichan's rating of the film Pocahontas

19. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Pocahontas

Don't let the title fool you, it's far from the ordinary princess tales and despite being a bit different from the real Pocahontas story - ok, a lot different - it is a beautiful Disney movie. People who rate less than ★★★★ obviously can't paint with all the colors of the wind.

20. pivic's rating of the film Pocahontas

This was cuter than I'd expected. It's been 18 years since it was released, and it's a fairly good cause against prejudice. I cried at the end. Sweet love story.

21. Juliet Benson's rating of the film Pocahontas

Ahistorical drivel that somehow manages to insult not only the intelligence of its audiences, but all the people/cultures it is portraying. This is the end result of trying too hard with cloying creation-by-committee tactics designed to specifically prevent offense, reducing its narrative to a tepid, preachy snooze-fest neutered of any real dramatic, empathic potential it may have originally had.

22. Vajna San's rating of the film Pocahontas

No story, bad mix of genres, boring songs, even the drawing is bad.

23. Ciprian David's rating of the film Pocahontas

Makes Terrence Malick seem like a copycat. Loved it, how it really took time to explain some concepts, so that my daughter really understood what it was about. Once again I got this feeling, a lot of cinema at its peaks often does nothing more than basic Disney.

24. Movieyana's rating of the film Pocahontas

Only one character in the movie makes it worth watching: Meeko.