1. Alex's rating of the film Poet on a Business Trip

2. Feng Ling's rating of the film Poet on a Business Trip

a quiet trip up a frontier, some reflections, a few alright poetry, dunes, rocks, lakes, and hookers so 3&7 are inverses of each other in Z/10Z, you can give Z either the descending or ascending partial order, or you can just go home. didn't need to see him washing his ass and balls. twice. had no idea how thick the stick up my ass was if not for all the obscene scenes. interesting how I like to keep things separated

3. TvsFranksWildYears's rating of the film Poet on a Business Trip

4. David R Williams's rating of the film Poet on a Business Trip

"Shu’s physically exhausting journey takes him along endless rocky roads, passing shabby inns and through impressive landscapes from one prostitute to the next...In its documentary authenticity, Poet on a Business Trip is also an historic document that exudes an atmosphere of loss, providing an unsentimental yet melancholy glimpse of a country in transition and a mirror for the existential irreversibly of time."

5. David Huntington's rating of the film Poet on a Business Trip

Simple poetry simply working. Also some cultural education if you want it.

6. ionosonde's rating of the film Poet on a Business Trip

the poetry didn't do much for me, but it worked really well as a narrative function. feels like a film that you slowly and warmly absorb rather than a film that grabs you. i enjoyed it. i wasn't a fan of the black-and-white at first but i think it's useful in reflecting the mood of the film. some beautiful scenery. the final scene is very emotionally tinged and i wish the rest of the film was like that.

7. Jp Diaz's rating of the film Poet on a Business Trip

can this exist in the states?

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Poet on a Business Trip

3 is a threat to 7? I had to stop watching it because the poetry was so horrible.

9. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Poet on a Business Trip

I loved this. We never see the lake- a postcard will have to be enough.

10. saltwater's rating of the film Poet on a Business Trip

Beautiful portrait of a melancholic poet finding inspiration in the people and desolate landscapes of Western China. The setting is unlike anything I've ever seen.

11. David Richards's rating of the film Poet on a Business Trip

"On the Road" in western China.

12. Kevin James's rating of the film Poet on a Business Trip

saw this movie at the Rotterdam Film Festival, it's simple, curious, artful and ultimately very moving...... Ju Anqi's films are unique and meaningful. another of his early film "There's Strong Wind in Beijing" was very impressive which also a great movie.

13. PrincessKinoc's rating of the film Poet on a Business Trip

There's a mix of melancholia and sensuality in Ju Anqi's decade old film. Truly enchanting and mysterious.