1. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Poltergeist II: The Other Side

Rather than use the film to explore 'the other side' as a kind of sentient, metaphysical space (analogous to 'the further' of Insidious or 'the black lodge' of Twin Peaks) the filmmakers are content to rehash the domestic melodrama of the original; upping the ante in terms of over-the-top special effects but adding little in the way of terror or suspense. Only Julian Beck as the film's antagonist hits the right note.

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Poltergeist II: The Other Side

Sequel tries to expand on the story of the original and tell how it happened to be such a haunted house and ghost activity there in the first place. The use of the Indian helper feel out-of-place and make the film feel more like a spiritual fantasy. Even Jerry Goldsmith's music is pretty uneventful in this one but the old crazed cult leader scared the living shit out of me when I was young.

3. Marco Tassinari's rating of the film Poltergeist II: The Other Side

4. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Poltergeist II: The Other Side

"Steven, you were never a hippie. You were always into making money." I appreciated that Craig T. Nelson's hair had receded in sympathetic alignment with his character. The film is kind of the 'Temple of Doom' to the original Poltergeist's 'Raiders' - gross-out special effects interspersed with toothsome sentimentalism w/ an undercurrent of dubious racial politics. Julian Beck's brilliant though and genuinely scary.

5. Lena Lopes's rating of the film Poltergeist II: The Other Side

This movie is wrong on so many levels... They should at least make reference of what happened to Dana. I know the actress was murdered in real life, but they've should at least make an excuse for her absence

6. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Poltergeist II: The Other Side

1986, dir. BRIAN GIBSON - 6/10 (USA)

7. LETTERBOXD.COM/XESCIE's rating of the film Poltergeist II: The Other Side

I get around, I love gettin' around.

8. Igor Leoni's rating of the film Poltergeist II: The Other Side

First half is watchable but the second is dreadful: terrible acting, stupid effects (the scene with the braces made me laugh) and the ending is like a bad joke. Julian Beck is creepy and effective tho, by far the only good thing in this mess.

9. Andrew Wickliffe's rating of the film Poltergeist II: The Other Side

Somewhere in Poltergeist II there's this compelling story of Craig T. Nelson overcoming his alcoholism to become a spiritual warrior of the Carlos Castaneda variety. Sadly, that story has no place here.

10. Tom Barnard's rating of the film Poltergeist II: The Other Side

The scene where Kane arrives at the house in the summer rain is genuinely masterful and scary as hell. The best part of an otherwise mediocre movie (but one not entirely without its merits).

11. Matheus's rating of the film Poltergeist II: The Other Side

Way better than the first one ... Why? Julian Beck.

12. 4LOM's rating of the film Poltergeist II: The Other Side

Kein Vergleich zum tollen ersten Teil, aber so unterhaltsam trashig, dass es zu drei Sternen reicht.

13. Marshall Staxx's rating of the film Poltergeist II: The Other Side

Rev Kane's voice and yellowing teeth are by far the scariest things about this lacklustre sequel.