1. Joel's rating of the film Poltergeist

A strong horror film experience ripe with twists that would go on to be recycled and reused over the next 30 years. It’s a powerful use of PG-13 terror and is quite satisfying in it’s execution.

2. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film Poltergeist

3. mahdis's rating of the film Poltergeist

4. Rocco's rating of the film Poltergeist

Stuffed to the gills with everything pleasurable in mainstream cinema: horror, humor, family values etc. featuring the finest of effects driven filmmaking the 1980s could offer.

5. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Poltergeist

6. Rupert Giles's rating of the film Poltergeist

7. João R's rating of the film Poltergeist

It's an extremely entertaining movie but, for the most part, it sponsors some really exaggerated and ridiculous sequences.

8. Rohith V's rating of the film Poltergeist

POLTERGEIST encompasses everything I hate and love about Spielberg. The guy has talents, he sure does. He started this ebullient Keaton-esque deconstruction of suburbia to carve out a niche for himself in the museum of cinema (at least that's how I'll remember him). Even the darker films aren't exactly "dark", they somehow end up trivializing themselves with plastic optimism and pseudo-faith (cont.)

9. pumpkindraconis's rating of the film Poltergeist

I love how everything about this movie is a standart 80's horror.

10. Ann Burden's rating of the film Poltergeist

11. kartina obskura's rating of the film Poltergeist

12. smndvdcl's rating of the film Poltergeist

Finally got round to watching it. It's good, but it's not Carling.

13. Fabiha's rating of the film Poltergeist

"There is no death. There is only a transition to a different sphere of consciousness."

14. FISCHER's rating of the film Poltergeist

Splendide réalisation sur le thème des maisons hantées et des manifestations paranormales, la conjugaison a priori antinomique Steven Spielberg / Tobe Hooper accouche d'un excellent moment de distraction / frissons... www.cinefiches.com

15. l's rating of the film Poltergeist

Lots to comment here about femininity and its historied association with the paranormal and/or spiritual, but I digress; you can write this off as cornball, but at its core this film is about how the past never stays the past, and what we forget and regard as detritus is never truly gone; it is always lurking in the peripheries of history, ready to erupt. Okay, ‘the Beast' character was shitty, but whatever.

16. salty_candy's rating of the film Poltergeist

Not really scary but quite entertaining

17. malachiesipucheala94's rating of the film Poltergeist

18. Yayo's rating of the film Poltergeist

19. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Poltergeist

Poor Tweety https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MUMsejlkB4

20. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Poltergeist

Absolutely memorable. I can remember many of the details and I haven't seen it in over a decade.

21. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Poltergeist

I think Donald Trump would get several major erections from watching this movie. The Americana and republican propaganda is just everywhere.

22. Ethan's rating of the film Poltergeist

This is one of the better haunted house films with the innocence of Speilberg and the grittiness of Tobe Hooper it's golden. Haven't seen the remake though.

23. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Poltergeist

The practical effects have aged pretty well.

24. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Poltergeist

Mommyyyyyyy !!!!! ............................ Un rare équilibre d'humour, d'émotion et de fantastique. ----------------------A rare balance of humor, emotion and fantasy.