1. mafaldasalgueiro's rating of the film Poor Cow

2. eugenie de sade's rating of the film Poor Cow

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Poor Cow

Une oeuvre de grande qualité ! www.cinefiches.com

4. José Neves's rating of the film Poor Cow

35mm. A film which precisely lives its time, the time of women outside social law, the time of Wanda, Rachel Cameron, Jeannie Rapp or Sylvia and Hilda, movie characters who radically introduced femininity into a cinematic modernization: the camera's apnea and its collusion with the filmed spaces. This movie is not as entrancing as the ones of those characters, but at moments it reaches a wonderful absolute soul.

5. Stevie's rating of the film Poor Cow

The new blu ray from Studio Canal is a stunning presentation of a film which ranks alongside some of the fantastic television work that Loach made around the same period. In particular, this would make an excellent double viewing with Cathy Come Home. Part of my reason for loving this was perhaps superficial: Carol White is even more stunning than the high definition presentation. Essential viewing.

6. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Poor Cow

Mu first Ken Loach film. It felt honest. The footage shot on location with on lookers going about their business adds a lot.

7. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Poor Cow

Loach intercala la voz de su protagonista a modo de rótulos o testimonios orales. La película es social-realista, pero no deja de tener de ficción. El personaje principal de esta película en medio de su rutina del estancamiento, no deja de fantasear. El amor, las revistas, la ropa, todos son móviles que mantienen a este madre a un margen de la cordura optimista.

8. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film Poor Cow

I'm little surprised that this isn't mentioned more when scholars and film buffs talk about the British social realist movies of the 60s. But anyway, I just love the episodic structure of the movie. It gives breathing room for the movie to actually study the lead character. On a filmmaking stand point, very little of this has aged. Simply done but effective. Also, Terence Stamp singing Donovan makes me happy.

9. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Poor Cow

Dreamy 60s meets bleak social reality. Carole White was perfect in her role, as was Stamp in his few scenes. I've met a lot of women like the main character in my life.