1. Paulie's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

Great film. Beautifully shot and acted, and thoroughly absorbing.

2. Sesidhar's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

Every frame a painting (literally). Classic callbacks (literally). Beautiful movie! "Usually, he's (Orpheus) portrayed before he turns or after, when Eurydice dies. Here, they seem to be saying."

3. Chris Meirick's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

EPIC! ... Best film of 2020 so far.

4. Lennert's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

5. Thom's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

I watched this over four days. Not because I didn't have the time, but because I didn't want it to end. Moving, tender, honest.

6. SenoritaRaquelita's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

7. Stephanie's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

Beautifully conceived, poignant and captivating. Every scene has been perfectly conceived. Even more rewarding on repeat reviewing as there is such a wealth of emotion, storytelling and cinematography that there is too much to take in in one sitting.

8. Stefania's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

This film is art. Loved every second.

9. philippe.amand's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

10. sabotagepromotions's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

11. jonrock411's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

You can write miles of text about this film. From the artistically crafted cinematography that reflects the real-world art that influenced Marianne, to the pitch-perfect historical fashion, to the way the movie shows a truly female vision. But perhaps that's all for naught, and much like a fire....sometimes you just have to sit and appreciate the fleeting beaut

12. Tyler Andrew's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

13. helena.mariano's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

14. Nunox's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

Most overrated movie of the century. Terrible in most aspects.

15. maccay's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

Gorgeous cinematography. Magnificent scriptwriting. Adele Haenel and Noémie Merlant were on fire. Celine Sciamma’s best. A movie that stays with you forever.

16. Jing Wang's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

i’m speechless. i enjoyed every second of it. it IS slow, but the slowness was exactly what made me feel like every single frame was filled with an unbelievable amount of meaning and depth. and the cinematography. it was out of this world, and the performances literally made me GASP. and THE COSTUMES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS MOVIE.

17. Anup's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

Every frame a painting. Poignant and consoling. Don’t regret, remember!

18. drewfead's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

Distills perfectly the feeling of mutually falling in love before ever touching, to explode in blissed passion with the first kiss. The chemistry between Adèle Haenel and Noémie Merlant feels intrusive to watch, as if caught in an intimate moment through a window. The fetishization of hands in absence of the male gaze should make Wong Kar Wai and Ingmar Bergman both jealous.

19. @frassivan's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

20. María Francisca Lizana's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

Voy en tercer año de cine y desde siempre me ha interesado contar historias de mujeres que aman a otras mujeres, pues me hubiera encantado crecer con más historias de amor en dónde pudiera verme reflejada. Cuando terminé de ver Portrait of a Lady on Fire sentí que algo había cambiado en mí, la forma en la que comencé a ver el cine que quiero ver y hacer me revolucionó. Mercy Céline, por tu cine, tú visión y valentía.

21. Gabriela Velásquez Pérez's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

this is the best movie ever, i have nothing else to say.

22. jack.a.connell's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

23. sayinrg's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

This is my favorite love movie of all time. It shows the purest form of love.

24. the23rdjoker's rating of the film Portrait of a Lady on Fire

Are you prepared to have your heart torn straight from your chest with the sheer brute force of this film's staggering beauty, breathtaking romantic intensity, and achingly overwhelming emotional grandeur? If so, then brace yourselves. This movie will ruin you, and you will thank it for doing so. Believe the hype. This is everything you ever want the best of cinema to make you feel, and then some...