1. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

I would have been much happier without dialogue or music, but those are silly complaints weighed against the filming. Fabulous and very rare attention to the color of light and air, and the density and diversity of colors. Somebody involved has studied Dutch landscape painting in addition to the world around them. Really, really rare in film, quite rare in painting, too. Something to celebrate! Thank you, MUBI!

2. Greengage girl's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

Words aren’t in the same realm as the one in which this film exists (sparing a poem, which this isn’t). Beautifully filmed, here the earth and its bounty are cultivated by people who have a deep, yet delicate connection to the land. These old gardeners reveal a relationship with the forces of nature having serious good humor, sharing a timelessness that’s rare and urgently needed in this world of factory farms.

3. ejonline's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

In some ways this film feels like the inverse of "The Trip" series. Rather than two rich guys traveling on somebody else's dime and having somebody else make their food, here, two men work the land and the plants, growing the food that they and others will eat, I can't say that any of their conversations were life-changing in terms of the content, but it was life-affirming to pay witness to their on-going dialogue.

4. Nacnud Schmalz's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

5. David R Williams's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

Kind of..."My Dinner with Andre" with gardeners. Kind of.

6. Ralph Melcher's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

Beautifully filmed with an excellent soundtrack, a film that delivers magnificently the sensual relationship between humans and nature that lives at the heart of civilization. Exquisite.

7. El Biffo's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

"Good ideas always come to you when you're in the garden."

8. zubee's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

Very well choreographed and shot. Music was enjoyed. Inspiring in the middle of winter with 8 inches of snow in the ground, but what do they do with all that produce? And how much land is that they have?

9. rgarrettrun's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

Very good film, kept me interested from start to finish. Never knew the intricacy of gardening, makes me think about trying to go into that filed myself. Only thing that made me put 4 stars was that it's in a foreign language. Awesome soundtrack and editing, the pacing was on point to get the full effect of the movie.

10. Loz Loory's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

Mesmerizing and astounding. Wonderful cinematography. Superb editing and pacing. Delightful sound design and score. If only I weren't allergic to nature, I'd go work there immediately.

11. Myles's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

This word is so overused, but this was sublime. An encapsulation of what it is to live right. Just wish I had a Dutch zillionaire willing to let me help out around THEIR estate.

12. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

I predict old school gardeners will become the new chiefs (they've already performed as Presidents of the United States). Expect a deluge of gardening reality TV show, "make-your-own garden", "visit the best gardens in the world" packages, "slower-is-better" TED presentations. Gardening will become so commodified that McDonald's crappy "food" will appear genuine and healthy. P.S. This is a fantastic documentary.

13. Cary Thomas's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

14. Andrew Maxwell's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

I loved everything about this movie. It was quite entertaining from start to finish. The only thing that I didn't like about this movie was the fact that it spoken in a foreign language and the subtitles made it hard to follow but other than that it was still a great movie.

15. Paul Rot's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

Excellent. Thank you all of you.

16. David Perez's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

If you're not into gardens it'll quickly turn you into a vegetable. Likely on James Brady's must-see list.

17. Sean Honey's rating of the film Portrait of a Garden

An excellent meditation on simply life itself. A wonderful little documentary.