1. Chearth's rating of the film Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the 1960s in Brussels

2. -REM-'s rating of the film Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the 1960s in Brussels

3. Sol Petchorine's rating of the film Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the 1960s in Brussels

4. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the 1960s in Brussels

Everything that this should be, it is. It's very clearly rooted in its setting, and it creates an incomplete sense of intimacy by offering us such a close snapshot of Michèle and limiting it to one day. All youth's pessimism, idealization, depression, and romantic confusion is here and deeply familiar. So many scenes are just stunning, and Circé is perfect in her role. A gorgeous work of great sadness and nostalgia.

5. lndah's rating of the film Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the 1960s in Brussels

This is portrait of a mid 30, late-blooming woman in my country, more or less.

6. Sarah Fonseca's rating of the film Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the 1960s in Brussels

Such a pleasure to watch this during the current girlhood/girl power renaissance in film. Subtle, fat with dialogue, and good tunes--the last 5 minutes made me hold my breath. A partially autobiographical work, literary critic Judith Mayne has written awesome things about lesbian desire in Portrait: "what shapes the girl-meets-boy story is the simultaneous desire... to connect with another girl and to tell stories."

7. Kenji's rating of the film Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the 1960s in Brussels

What a delightful surprise. Francoise Hardy meets Rosetta, with Leonard Cohen's marvellous Suzanne and some casual philosophy thrown in for good measure. And with Chantal Akerman's sad passing, it's all the more poignant in its sense not only of fleeting youth and time but of loneliness too. Thank you, Chantal.

8. clara m's rating of the film Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the 1960s in Brussels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x2JDjNYBEQ god...............

9. Kyra W's rating of the film Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the 1960s in Brussels

There's nothing like a combination of a truthful script, beautiful cinematography, and fun yet poignant music. A quiet masterpiece.

10. gipuc's rating of the film Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the 1960s in Brussels

chantal akerman, blue eyes black hair. In life we have only one thing that keeps us alive TIME and experimt his duration.

11. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the 1960s in Brussels

HAHAHA! There's so much deliberate anachronism in this film. Thanks you, Akerman. RIP.

12. joey Noodles's rating of the film Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the 1960s in Brussels

13. Iain Stott's rating of the film Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the 1960s in Brussels

1960's? What's with the apostrophe abuse?

14. © <',))( Astro-Tofupraxographer's rating of the film Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the 1960s in Brussels

On youtube with English subs: http://youtu.be/8CVUDZrbSMU Watch it while you can!

15. Dave McDougall's rating of the film Portrait of a Young Girl at the End of the 1960s in Brussels

A moving, multifaceted, and magical hour, presented with honesty and subtle artistry. I'm overwhelmed by everything in this film. It's the film I'd like to watch, the moments I'd like to remember, the movie I want to make. It's perfect.