1. Aardsy's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

Who hasn't wanted to bang a ghost?

2. Eeeeeeeeeee's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

Bunuel'in hayran kaldıgı filmi de izlemis olduk peh

3. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

Love the movie, but can't stand Jennifer Jones.

4. roseros's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

Jennifer Jones does nothing for me. Every year we're force fed an actress that Harvey Weinstein or some other studio exec is grooming. A truly tepid, all-american girl... had to stop watching immediately.

5. kit duckworth's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

DP has a beautiful respect for silent movies.

6. Love Walked In's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

I like parting and reunion in movies very much. This movie does both of them again and again. What's more it's with a sad and beautiful girl crossing the border of time. Consequently i like this movie.

7. SpacePirate's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

A very dreamlike and whimsical film. Very heartbreaking at times to me.

8. Odile~'s rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

Preciosa y poética a partes iguales. Recoge a la perfección el fuego de la ilusión.

9. apollonouta's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

1.5/5...this sure was a disappointment

10. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

11. Drew Kelly's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

Too much voice-over which flattens all the emotion and ideas here, but damn some crazy scenes (a phenomenal storm scene!)

12. Eugene Kotlyarenko's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

obsession has rarely been more delusional or boring

13. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

my first film of Jennifer Jones, an ethereal romantic fantasy!

14. Bjanicas's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

This film is made by the same stuff clouds (or should I say dreams) are made off. The entire film I had the feeling of going through the atmosphere, all densities of it, those that "neither the world nor time can tear [them] apart". And then, color. And then, death... death and dreams that only art keeps alive. (How the song goes? "Where I come from nobody knows and where I am going everything goes.")

15. Filmy's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

turbulent world, idealistic struggle; intangible souls, tangible landscape; mystical inspiration; kindled passion, vanquished love; peace and beauty restored;

16. CGI Baby's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

If this isn't my favorite movie of all time, then it's awfully damned close.

17. Jacob Swanson's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

After wrestling with my intellect saying it was junk, I decided to give it 5 stars. A very strange and beautiful film. Goofy voice-overs, melodramatic score and an aesthetic that lies somewhere between "Ugetsu" and "Last Year at Marienbad". I was unsure of it the whole time I watched but stayed engaged. In the end the visuals are so striking that they sell the aspects of the film I didn't much care for.

18. Neither/Nor's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

Silly melodrama, culminates in post-war anxiety fleeing to an island amidst, literally, the waves of time. Maudlin fantasy wasn't needed in 1948 and it certainly isn't needed now. The whole film expresses a sentimental unwillingness to connect historical futures with cherished pasts, hell, it visually declares at one point that life is insubstantial unless it resembles a great exaggeration: the portrait of Jennie.

19. chanandre's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

[Cinémathèque PT #102: 35 mm] (2005 is 12 years old now) I miss my Jenny Jones.

20. Stu Witmer's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

One of the most romantic movies of all time!

21. Dave's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie

I agree that this is a beautiful, lyrical romance. Probably Dieterle's most underrated film and quite possibly my favorite from him.

22. ohrachelleigh's rating of the film Portrait of Jennie