1. ceknklsn's rating of the film Possession

19/100 (I understand now. So many art lovers wants idiotic moments. I don't judge you. Because you're idiot. I laughed 300 times in this garbage comedy. Hope so you understand me. This is not a thriller or art work. If you loved this movie, sorry but you have a psychological problems. You deserved that horrible acting.)

2. ap's rating of the film Possession

3. Sofia Lipponen's rating of the film Possession

Beautiful sets, locations and interiors. Amazing use of color. Interesting scenes. BUT: Pompous dialogue. Insincere acting. At times the cuts between scenes felt clumsy. Implausible characters. + The use of music could have been so much better.

4. pop_tudor_pop's rating of the film Possession

5. Pierre's rating of the film Possession

6. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Possession

Rewatch on Zulawski’s birthday. Won’t say much about it just now because I’m in the middle of a project re this film but Adjani in this is comparable to Falconetti’s Joan of Arc or Andersson and Thulin in Cries and Whispers: we’re seeing a regression into a kind of prelinguistic terror, a singular and absolute hellscape, an extinguishing of the self in order to establish the ‘I’ “...because you say ‘I’ for me.”

7. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Possession

8. Disa's rating of the film Possession

Adjani is fucking crazy.

9. Eduardo Coelho's rating of the film Possession

The most bizarre film that i've watched!

10. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Possession

7.5/10, my review - https://wp.me/p1eXom-3Cw “A married couple’s extraordinary submergence into a rarefied sphere of total delusion, submission and possession, and that is the hallmark of Zulawski.”

11. OLIVER-J's rating of the film Possession

3.5 - this movie is pretty wild, at times quite ridiculous but for '81 impressive. the cinematography is excellent and really elevates the material, some haunting images. Isabelle Adjani, wow. I mean the miscarriage scene in the metro station... a young Sam Neill also impresses in a slightly less showy way.

12. Mister Monkeyman's rating of the film Possession

Few films so brilliantly explore the zone that lies between the silly and the profound.

13. Tibulle85's rating of the film Possession

(Vukekpar/leweb) Comment résumer Zulawski? De toute évidence un grand talent de mise en scène ms littéralement gâché par une direction d'acteur systématiquemt ridicule, tirant toujours vers l'hystérie (ses films donnent mal au crane tant les personnages passent leur temps à hurler pour un oui ou pour un non), et par des dialogues aussi lourds que faussemt profonds. Un bien mauvais pastiche du "locataire" de Polanski.

14. bryanvmh's rating of the film Possession

It's 9/10ths of the law. Such stylized performances so rarely inhabit the same spirit as the cinematography - an irrational momentum that starts within the body, jerking one around without release. Classic horror tropes (uncanny doubling, the monstrous feminine, hereditary mental illnesses, separation anxiety) are rarely boxed into a film so tenderly. Don't open it.

15. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Possession

Like Psycho, Beau Travail, Berserk, and Blade Runner altogether. I can't reduce the ambiguity present in the idea of a divine mirror that incites multiple murders (torturing its host in the process), yet rises from the blood of the system. This movie is God and the Devil in different masks. The waters of emotion and spiritual cleanliness here are a double-edged knife. It mainly showcases (horrifying) transcendence.

16. Dag Kaszlikowski's rating of the film Possession

It doesn't really matter what this film is exactly about. Zulawski and his lensman Bruno Nuytten take you on a visual and emotional roller coaster you just can't get off. Wild, eclectic, irrational, symbolic, chaotic... There are too many words missing to describe it. And why would you want to describe it anyway? It's cinema so go and watch it.

17. Alvin Case's rating of the film Possession

The horror inducing absurdity that is human desire, the creative impulse, and the impossibility of 'knowing' another human being, are all vividly featured in this unforgettable film. Zulawski never pulled punches. And unlike the spectacle driven romances of Gaspar Noé or the onanistic revelries of Lars Von Trier, his focus leaned toward the power of the feminine and the paralyzing fear it induces in men. Bravo!

18. Sơn Phước's rating of the film Possession

Remarkable, this movie can't be described by words.

19. soymilky's rating of the film Possession

this is one of the coolest horror movies i've seen so far. the soundtrack is synthy and very 80s, the acting is very dramatic and almost like a play, and the ending is eerie.

20. eccestefan's rating of the film Possession

21. Paolo Utili's rating of the film Possession

22. sissy69's rating of the film Possession

23. John Hayes's rating of the film Possession

An absolute masterpiece.One of the great films about the disintegration of a marriage as well as one of the great psychological horror films.Neil is magnificent but Adjani is even better.Hers is the best piece of acting I have ever seen.Why Meryl Streep is continually cited as the best actress we have when we have Adjani baffles me.A visceral,chilling,sometimes funny,disturbing and enigmatic work of genius.

24. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Possession