1. Adam GR's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

Reygadas is my personal Jesus. Time capsule director, for sure. The opening scene is a landmark in my vision. Rut Reygadas is a star! Day fades to night, dogs run with cows and horses, thunder brims behind mountains. The devil enters a home, and a child witnesses. What gifts may be lost then? What defines our capacity to relate? What's inherited and what's felled? Perhaps a death of self may allow nature's answer.

2. Alex Flores's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

Interesting but probably I need another viewing.

3. Not A Sexy Vampire's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

As I was walking out of the cinema, a woman asked me, "Do you have any idea what that was about?" No. It seems to be about the redemption of a man, but excruciating dog death scene makes that impossible. By far, the most confounding Reygadas film, but with images this unforgettable does it really matter? It's cinema at it's most biblical, up to interpretation but impossible to forget. Opening sequence is elemental.

4. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

Beautiful cinematography viewed from the perspective of a spyglass for a majority of the film with the opening being the most memorable of the child on a football field with animals and a bright red demon invading a home setting the tone of dream and memory but even then trying to gather up thoughts and explaining the appeal can be difficult. It leaves you questioning if it's really great cinema or fragmented film.

5. kinotopia's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

i liked it but understand how it could be polarizing for others

6. Renton47's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

That the years since seeing PTL had left me only with indelible images is apt. Its statement might be that life becomes little more than the swirl of memory, impressions or sensations. He could be my favourite at juxtaposing a petty animal nature with the great psychedelic experience of being. This also contains his most indulgent efforts in its masochist redemptive arc which still moves me due to the formal beauty.

7. r u f o's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

8. Linda Wittgenstein's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

9. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

10. Sergio's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

Para este humilde aficionado al cine, este es el mejor director mexicano hasta el momento. S.S.

11. Miguel's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

A través de un filtro de cámara, que IndieWire atinadamente asocia con una visión de Lucifer (cuya explícita imagen a inicios de la pelicula hace más evident esta analogía); podemos ser testigos de cómo una familia experimenta los diferentes niveles de la violencia cotidiana. Una película difícil de ver pero que vale la pena para los que quieren conocer más sobre el cine mexicano de arte.

12. polo's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

it's ground fill the surprise in posibility and never fall and rises until the very end

13. angeldromero's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

A special film and a unique experience without any doubts. Light after darkness, the film shows the darkness of reality and the freshness of being alive in a poetic way. The opening 10-minutes long take of the girl in the mud surrounded by animals is simply breathtaking.

14. Waynajarawy's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

Hypnotic and odd ambient took place in this peculiar film, the only glorious moment is the beginning. The best actors are the boy and the girl even though they didn't act at all.

15. Gabriele Malagoli's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

16. MisterColo93's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

17. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

It’s as if you were looking through the eyes of god and the devil. All is fair and equal in the universe. A purely visual and meditative experience and one that is worth revisiting.

18. Trunfos's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

19. afuchs's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

I am not sure whether it's pure pretence or good substance, but I find it good that such films exist.

20. fearraigh's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

The critics hated it but this curiosity from Reygadas has its worth. Strange and occasionally shrill but a resonant work in parts.

21. Superfrog's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

Convincing cinematography, the film does not really tie in well. I like the sauna scene. Very realistic way of describing public sex I understand, and definitely realistic way of representing different flavours of group sex, without focusing on the sex.

22. Pierre.F's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

23. BUTTAUD's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

A star for some beautiful images but that's about it...

24. FISCHER's rating of the film Post Tenebras Lux

D'une lourde complaisance, alimentée par un narcissisme omnipotent, véhiculant un symbolisme abscons et ridicule, l'ensemble ne mérite qu'un grand éclat de rire narquois, par sa dérisoire tentative de formater son film avec les discutables certitudes de la philosophie quantique... www.cinefiches.com