1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

Watching this after a week of bad mental health was somewhat calming, though I must admit to being more interested in the lives of the animals than the cool-sullen magician. The extreme close-up of the elephant's side spattered with rain was gorgeous and it was sad to reflect that such a remarkable animal might well be extinct within 50 years because of us crappy humans. A pretty even-handed look at sex work too.

2. Shane Ewen's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

It's a bit uneven and whimsical, but the scenes with the animals, children and music at the zoo are hypnotic, and there's a humorous socio-physical similarity between the scenes involving the cleaning of the animals in the zoo and the male customers in the brothel.

3. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

I really enjoyed this mix of surrealism and darker drama, although it is a blend that I could see putting some people off (especially with how lightly some things are treated in the third act). Beautiful at times, sweet, and quite unique.

4. Angelina's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

5. Hayley&Colin's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

Hayley gives it a 5. Colin gives it a 3 so our rating is 4. Hayley says it's one of her favourite films ever!

6. Andrew's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

An highly unusual coming of age fable told visually, with minimal dialogue but with a strong sense of frame composition and a wonderful eye for unusual visual details. What I find interesting is that it displaces the conventional focus on cinematic drama in favour of a wide eyed sense of wonder and enchantment, especially at the strange magic of living things. A deeply involving journey.

7. Superfrog's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

An odd experience, saved by the giraffe. Manages to take us through the story of a person and it's environment.

8. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

9. David R Williams's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

10. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

Very odd and offbeat tale about a little girl raised in a zoo by a giraffe expert. Yeah, it's just as odd as it sounds. The young girl grows up (a bit) and takes up with a strange Asian Cowboy Magician. She dresses up as an American Indian and they make an interesting (to say the least) pair. The story is told slowly (but steadily) and it's nothing major, but it sure is an interesting in its peculiarity.

11. Corey's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

Loved this movie. It was strange, magical, perplexing, tragic, funny. Also - plenty of cute animals!!

12. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

That jingle at the zoo. I'm not sure I've ever heard a more depressing tune.

13. Sara Guedj's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

Quite beautiful and poetic. I guess the story is a metaphor of something, but I think I did not catch its meaning.

14. Sachin Chavan's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

A novel attempt. Surreal feel. But at times enigmatic. Parallels between the zoo and massage parlour are well driven home. But the middle part, with the magician, is what I couldn't follow. Can anyone explain?

15. panagiotatos's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

16. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

It starts like a documentary with only animals and this little girl. Then it becomes something more like a tale with a strange magician. That's the middle part, the weakest. But in the end you see how human changed the world into what it is : violence, corruption, prostitution, even the zoo has lost its magical nature. Quite a strange object.

17. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

When the men at the "massage parlor" are being washed, pampered and treated mechanically and with condescendence by an expert handler, just like the animals in the zoo, I felt a sudden tenderness and compassion, like I almost wanted to pet them.

18. captainfez's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

Depressing Homeless Magical Realism Zoo Rub-and-Tug Life Journey In Pedal Boats: the movie.

19. Nachtreich's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

20. Larry Barnard's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

This movie is a delight, even more so than 'Blind Pig Who Wants To Fly'. The premise could have gone in so many different directions, but the one Edwin chose was perfect. Aspects of magic realism, though mainly it's a coming of age story. At times the cinematography is stunning, would love to see this on a big screen. 4.1

21. Ludovic72's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

Le zoo de Jakarta est-il un lieu magique ? Pour l'héroïne qui y a grandi, à coup sûr. Dans une ambiance nonchalante et sur des images soignées, l'histoire décrit d'abord cette curieuse cohabitation de divers groupes animaux et humains, avec de beaux moments de grâce. Elle devient moins originale et intéressante quand Lana quitte le zoo avec "son" magicien. La girafe reste quand même un joli fil conducteur (3,5 / 5).

22. fostrethepeoplo's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo

"kalau yang hilang, perlu dicari. Kalau pergi, nanti balik dengan sendirinya" akhirnya yang tanpa sadar pergi pun pulang kembali

23. kartina obskura's rating of the film Postcards from the Zoo