1. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

James Woods is appearantly playing himself in this film. Not a forgotten masterpeice, but a hidden gem of the American class system.

2. luke@momondo.com's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

Just like Election, but with a less palatable, nasty edge. A young Evan Rachel Wood really shows her range here, while James Woods has a hoot of a time chewing the scenery.

3. T.h. Marvelsteins's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

I really enjoyed this film even though it is disjointed in part and has its flaws. It is very unflinching in its cynicism but also bitingly incisive on present day American mores. It's all there; institutionalised misogyny, racial and cultural bigotry, the sexualisation of children, the obsession with fame at whatever cost..It sven has a nod towards the beast system that has it all ticking over on channel 33.

4. Superfrog's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

I think I see the satire, but I had to stop after 10 minutes. Being present in the conversation is just too uncomfortable.

5. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

A delicious caricature. The incredibly talented cast make up for the lazy, oversimplistic critique of the rich, white and shallow.

6. MatTtTtTtT's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

Given the changing landscape of social politics of the last ten years, this film made over ten years ago feels for the most part like a modern and contemporary exploration of gender roles and racial stereotypes. Unfortunately the plot around it is often limp and sloppy, but anchored by good performances from Wood and Krakowski and a superb performance from James Woods.

7. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

Dark, twisted, makes you guilty for laughing. A fantastic commentary on the frigid narcissism of the teenager, and those last few minutes are actually stomach-churning.

8. lianna_michelle00@hotmail.com's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

9. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

A bitter-sweet revenge comedy. Deceptively light and juvenile at the start but gradually turning darker until it tips over into the abyss, leaving a nasty taste in the mouth and too many unanswered questions about the American psyche.

10. magdalenaroson's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

11. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

Cynical and pretty horrible. Too much mumbling and not funny enough to carry it off - sex is all its got. The way James Wood's character speaks to his daughter...the script is not good.

12. Ray Jackson's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

Kimberly: "Kathy...?" Kathy: "I'd really prefer it if you called me 'Mom'" Kimberly: "Kathy, do you fuck dogs?"

13. Aur Ora B's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

Cruel and shallow, and if that's the point then why waste film on it?

14. nickolia's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

the first highlight of this film is when James Woods appears- it's like hooray, finally an actor who isn't mumbling and knows how to articulate. otherwise, there are some good lines.

15. Tja's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

Enjoyable and still topical enough, but a bit slow and obvious, even for the high-school genre. Solid lead performances.

16. Sunshine Faggio's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

bad copy of Gus Von sant's 'to die for'

17. A T's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

This is most certainly not a comedy. It's a very intelligent take on misogyny. Every scene, every word is purposefully written to expose men's hatred towards women. The young women in the film are all complex individuals navigating patriarchal expectations and their own desires. I've never seen anything like it. Also, don't google this film before watching it will spoil it.

18. Mike Baker's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

What a nasty treat this film was - if you think of Evan Rachel Wood's character as basically the Devil then the film takes on a malevolent and fascinating new dimension.

19. smithnr466@gmail.com's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

20. smndvdcl's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

Alongside films like 'Election' and 'American Beauty', it paints a bleak portrait of the dark souls of Middle class American suburbia. It's not quite Solondz's 'Happiness' in its depiction of criminal men, but the lead male character is a severely unsympathetic one.

21. T.J. Royal's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

22. jehan aziz's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

23. Westley's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

"Ooh la la, I dropped my baguette..." ahahaha. This is one of my favorite dark comedies.

24. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Pretty Persuasion

"Cocktails..." My favorite part.