1. Aardsy's rating of the film Pretty Poison

I got a good feeling about these two kids.

2. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Pretty Poison

A neighborhood boy's version of Bonnie and Clyde. It's nothing special (though Anthony Perkins is very good) but it's a neat little movie.

3. Jason's rating of the film Pretty Poison

As is often the case w/ these mainstream cinematic outliers of the late-sixties, PRETTY POISON needs some cultural context if one is truly to appreciate it. What seems like a cute satire on Main Street community values and a kind of playful genre workout has to be properly understood as something aggressively subversive at a time when all bets were off. And two just totally completely delicious performances.

4. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Pretty Poison

I liked certain moments of film but not as a whole. Tuesday Weld was great. A female antagonist is hard to pull off without seeming corny but she does it well.

5. Clat's rating of the film Pretty Poison

6. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Pretty Poison

6.2/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2iX

7. Terri Wise's rating of the film Pretty Poison

I like Anthony Perkins, but meh.

8. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Pretty Poison

9. Mike Archibald's rating of the film Pretty Poison

Wow! Starts inauspiciously, promising a decent character-oriented thriller, and slowly, discreetly turns into a genre masterpiece. Kammerspielfilm par excellence--Black knows how to make an "actor's film" without disrespecting the cinema. Brilliantly explores the link between subversiveness and escapism in the adolescent male, and the integration of casual naturalism with suspense technique is very well done.

10. Charles Coleman's rating of the film Pretty Poison

Good acting by the leads, interesting take on Walter Mitty-like story except much more darker and unexpected. Worth seeing for sure.

11. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Pretty Poison

Serviceable psycho-thriller has its moments, but is ultimately underwhelming. An original story and strong performances by Anthony Perkins and Tuesday Weld - the plot stretches credibility and it just never lives up to its full potential. Not a bad film, but not as memorable as it should be.