1. Cemre Polat's rating of the film Private Property

2. Neyann's rating of the film Private Property

All they did in this film was eat, argue, and play ping-pong.

3. ajdehany's rating of the film Private Property

The well-drawn epic Oedipal rivalry of the fractious twins reminds us that the primal Biblical murder is not parricidal but fratricidal...

4. Superfrog's rating of the film Private Property

Powerful piece. A predictably on the edge Hupert, a bunch of adults behaving like glorified 6 year old children making the most unremarkable characters -- the partners, outsiders to the family -- look utterly remarkable. The ending is well managed, and not really an ending. Brilliant music in the last scene.

5. Susana B.'s rating of the film Private Property

Nice story about family dynamics, very well told, at the right pace, with good, breathing, performances

6. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film Private Property

subtle building to a brilliant climax. I like it.

7. Suzy Lane's rating of the film Private Property

The recurring dinner scenes are understated and compelling as the family battleground. Huppert superb as always. The tense intrigue of the start fizzles by the end, however, and we're left unsatisfied.

8. raggiodisole's rating of the film Private Property

We're deprived of hope in this one, we see that privilege is no foil to discord, and are we to understand that boys never grow up? Surrounded by exemplars such as these, its likely.....

9. Julie Maje.'s rating of the film Private Property

This intelligently modest tale about the complexity of family relationships is essentially a difficult emotional balancing act, an endeavour I.Huppert excels at. Less morally didactic than the Dardennes' early ventures into filmmaking, it is intense yet never so much as to become viscerally/forcefully extreme. The final shot with Caine's ethereal version of Mahler's "Primal Light" is too sublime to be comprehended.

10. Ross Tomlinson's rating of the film Private Property

A masterclass in acting from every cast member, particularly Huppert, who is astonishing as always. It's a bleak film and doesn't provide much hope, but definitely worth the watch.

11. Steve Thompson's rating of the film Private Property

Isabelle Huppert gives a typically superb performance as the mother of two difficult sons in this edgy and uncomfortable drama of family dysfunction. Like contemporary directors Michael Haneke and Joanna Hogg, Joachim Lafosse seems adept at handling themes of domestic tension, resentment and a barely repressed undercurrent of violence.

12. SiIencio's rating of the film Private Property

There's trickery in cinema. Lafosse feels the respectable need to show the bitter effects of family feuds but fails to find a subtle way to deliver credibly by closing all avenues and burying all hope. Consequently the characters can't help themselves & just disintegrate rapidly in flames. I found it forced and manipulated. Dumb Lafosse.

13. Oana Spatariu's rating of the film Private Property

The movie is so organically put together that you can feel the grotesque chemistry between the characters.As the movie moves forward you almost get to witness them merging into one, with as many faces, as characters in the story.Loved the organic feel of the movie, loved Huppert's acting and loved the way the tension rises with the ritualistic pace of the movie,with its repetitive little settings like the mealtimes.

14. Anita G's rating of the film Private Property

The tension in the relationships between the boys, the parents and everyone who comes into contact with them is palpable. Some very good performances here.

15. Mirkle's rating of the film Private Property

Isabelle Hubert is superb, and the tension in the scene pictured is just electric. The relationship between the two brothers - brothers in real life - is explored in long static takes where the viewer is doing all the work. I wasn't sure about the ending - a little too literal for me. I'd like to say four and a half.

16. adrien sourdot's rating of the film Private Property

17. Huw Morgan's rating of the film Private Property

Well crafted visually. Parts of the plot didn't fully absorb me but well worth watching, especially if you're a child of divorce and/or have a brother.

18. stuart meanwell's rating of the film Private Property

Great film -deserves 4 and a half.

19. El Biffo's rating of the film Private Property

Huppert and Renier are super, really great actors. 4.7 stars.

20. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Private Property

4.5 Interesting look at mother-son dynamics. Some very interesting stuff going on here. The acting is so sensitive. The bothers are great! Huppert (as always) is flawless. I've never seen another film quite like this one.

21. Cristiano's rating of the film Private Property

Bellissimo film con un cast strepitoso. Disgregazione della famiglia in un crescendo che in più di una sequenza provoca un vero e proprio fastidio fisico. Voglio la Huppert come mamma