1. TheCentralRuhr's rating of the film Profit Motive and the Whispering Wind

Haunting. In some ways, this film will never be finished but we can do our own part by finally paying attention, looking and listening to those who fought before us.

2. Des Horne's rating of the film Profit Motive and the Whispering Wind

Maybe my favourite title. An important film out of the Bush years.

3. alvaro03's rating of the film Profit Motive and the Whispering Wind

Una hora parecía poco tiempo para contar como dice la sinopsis la "historia" visual de los USA. Se queda en lo que interesa al director, ¿donde están los caidos en la primera y segunda guerra mundial ?. Parece que solo le interesa un lado, los sindicalistas y los "native americans". El remate final de las manifestaciones izquierdistas destapa la verdadera naturaleza panfletaria del documental. Muy malo. 1/10

4. mgaspa's rating of the film Profit Motive and the Whispering Wind

....to remember and think about...

5. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Profit Motive and the Whispering Wind

Brilliant idea. It was shot plates, tombstones and graveyards in order to portray the bloody USA history. You can notice that every ethnicity died on American soil through out the European invasion and colonization of that land.

6. http://letterboxd.com/James_'s rating of the film Profit Motive and the Whispering Wind

Mostly holds onto it's mood of quiet and distanced rumination, capably wielding a sturdy minimalism that had me deep in thought about graves and our great freedom fighters and searching for the through-line. But then, sadly, jarringly, it convulses in a conclusion as pat as you'd guess a structuralist film inspired by Zinn's A PEOPLE'S HISTORY would. Missed opportunity. These interred heroes deserved a better film.

7. msmichel's rating of the film Profit Motive and the Whispering Wind

Elegy for the American progressive movement concentrating on labour leaders, women's rights leaders and those who fought for racial equality. Silently told by visiting gravestones and land markers and letting the viewer experience history or just silently pass it by. A gravestone mostly covered in weeds is seen at one point and we can just make out the words 'gone but not forgotten'. One hopes too much isn't lost.

8. Watchmaker Films's rating of the film Profit Motive and the Whispering Wind

We will make this available on Mubi later this year or early next. The current version that is out there is SD. But John shot it on film and we are busy creating a new 2K master from his 16mm original. I think the new version will look stunning and I hope make a great film a tad better.

9. Jose Sarmiento Hinojosa's rating of the film Profit Motive and the Whispering Wind

Along with Benning's RR, the most pleasent descovery of the recent year. In my honest opinion this is the mere esence of filmmaking: Provide an atmosphere in where you can construct a whole universe. A gem.