1. DrFirestone's rating of the film Prometheus

The film serves as a bridge between the original Alien "trilogy", Covenant, and its possible future iterations. It dares to be something a bit different, but feel familiar at the same time. The visuals and the art direction are stunningly beautiful. I wish the religious theme and symbolism was more subtle and instead more effort was put into the characters. Still, this definitely is top class sci-fi cinema.

2. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Prometheus

it's quite cinematic, but when all is said and done it's just a showy revamp of alien, nothing original about scott's approach

3. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Prometheus

Prequel set in the same universe as the "Alien" movies is interesting because it dares not giving the audience what they want (more of the same) as this film tells a story about some completely other aliens. Scott's film has the usual high production values, but Lance Henriksen should have returned to play Weyland as Guy Pearce looks absolutely terrible in his old man's make-up. Noomi Rapace kicks ass though.

4. Vince Wynne's rating of the film Prometheus

The dumb*ss moments really outweigh the great moments.

5. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film Prometheus

So, beautiful it almost tricks you into thinking it's a good film. Almost.

6. ionosonde's rating of the film Prometheus

writing this a couple of months after watching it, can't really remember too much but i remember being entertained

7. Tadzio Bonaparte's rating of the film Prometheus

8. Ka potem Es's rating of the film Prometheus

9. Jack's rating of the film Prometheus

How did the man who directed Alien make something so mediocre? I suspect the only reason it recieved largely positive reviews is because it's Ridely Scott doing an Alien film. Predictable, boring, shallow. 2 stars for effort though.

10. ramiah's rating of the film Prometheus

keep in mind i chose to watch a very well done fan edit which omitted a lot of the bs

11. Anca Tudose's rating of the film Prometheus

12. William R Clark's rating of the film Prometheus

Features an autoabortion, cut frantically and punctuated with a perfect practical effect. For me, it's the movie's centerpiece; it makes the entire bloated endeavor, which features one of the most distracted, nonsensical scripts to come out of modern Hollywood, a magical experience. The photography and production design are brilliant, too. But so much stupidity at the level of plotting, fan service.

13. Addy K.'s rating of the film Prometheus

Ridley Scott is no Bresson. Much as he tries, his expressed interest in God runs as deep and as wide as popular entertainment. PROMETHEUS is, at best, highfalutin pulp—its true allegiance is to sci-fi and body horror. Characters are mere comic-book etchings, tonal balance is ever-shifting; but this is OK once you are able to accept that everything is secondary to the craft and eccentricities of old master Ridley.

14. André Vieira's rating of the film Prometheus

2,9. All that build up for nothing. Don't get me wrong, I loved the visuals and some performances (Fassbender, Naomi, Idris just to name a few) but overall it feels like a missed opportunity. I need to see the directors cut.

15. lostlevel's rating of the film Prometheus

Having watched this again perhaps it warrants a little more credit than I had originally given it. There is a quiet menace to David which is a little less obvious than Covenant and frankly maybe I'm getting a bit sentimental but there's no harm in ending on a high note once in a while.

16. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Prometheus

I thought Prometheus was a great prequel to the Alien series, bringing in an entirely separate cast to provide an excellent context for the story to come. The only thing I felt that was a little bit in low supply here was the pacing of the film, which may have more to do with its length than actual problems with plot. Scott did a beautiful job visually, however, and the characters are very enticing. See this one.

17. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Prometheus

18. BernardoL's rating of the film Prometheus

Besides Terrence Malick, no one does quasi-religious bullshit like screenwriter Damon Lindelof and if you watched Lost you know what I'm talking about. Still, Prometheus manages to capture the imagination with its science fiction themes, the alien universe mythology and the magnificent production design. Idris Elba and Charlize Theron were a bit miscast but Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace were great.

19. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Prometheus

"the inspiration we used was David Bowie and The Man Who Fell to Earth, and for films there were the replicants in Blade Runner. Greg Louganis in terms of physicality. Lawrence of Arabia of course, and Peter O’Toole as Lawrence, and Dirk Bogarde in The Servant. They were the ingredients." - Michael Fassbender

20. João Portalegre's rating of the film Prometheus

rewatched. this was actually the first "alien" film I've watched. I've seen the original since, which I remember loving. I also think I liked this one, though that might've just been me thinking how pretty I find noomi rapace to be and not caring about anything else. I think it's a horrible film, now. I'm going to see covenant later today and I don't know what to expect. thankfully, rapace is still pretty, I guess.

21. Rocco's rating of the film Prometheus

I'm an unabashed fan of this one. Despite what you've heard, this is competently made and visually astounding prequel that expands upon the Alien lore quite effectively and features some awesome setpieces. It's not nearly as confusing as the naysayers claim and seems to understand that sometimes the mystery itself is more interesting than the answer. The third best film in the franchise by quite a few lightyears.

22. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Prometheus

Everytime i think about this movie, i enjoy it a little more.

23. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Prometheus

As an "Alien" film, it doesn't expand its universe in any interesting way. As a horror film, it just rips-off the previous installments. As a science-fiction film, it offers no original ideas and isn't smart enough to properly explore the ones it has. As a film in general, it's packed with groan-inducing dialogue, one-note characters, subpar acting, and no sense of story. This film just plain sucks!

24. Tyler Wright's rating of the film Prometheus

A three hour prologue. At least it looks beautiful.