1. FISCHER's rating of the film Prophecy

Suite à la pollution des eaux d'une rivière, causée par des usines à papier, une étrange et dangereuse créature rode dans les fins fonds d'une forêt du Maine .... MOYEN ! www.cinefiches.com

2. Steve G.'s rating of the film Prophecy

John Frankenheimer directing a film about a giant mutant bear? OK. Prophecy is a very strange film at times and for its middle third it turns into an ecological thriller. It's almost impossible to describe exactly what this film is overall, just that it's far more enjoyable than I was expecting. Oh, and it has the greatest sleeping bag scene in movie history.

3. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Prophecy

Laughable only because it's played with a straight face, but on the whole entirely compelling. The performances, especially Shire, are real and affecting. The themes of motherhood and the legacy we leave for our children are beautifully realised and compliment the film's pro-environmental message. Here, the mutated bear becomes more like a personification of mother nature's rage against the destruction of the forest.

4. Jonathan Shields's rating of the film Prophecy

Does anyone know more about shooting locations in British Columbia than the single spot that is listed on IMDB? I think that the early sequence that leads to the chainsaw/axe standoff includes a long helicopter shot of the main drag in Fort Langley, BC. I should check the closing credits.

5. VHS DREAM's rating of the film Prophecy

WRONG STILL! That one is from C.H.U.D. !

6. Riar R.'s rating of the film Prophecy

WTF, they put C.H.U.D. still instead of awesome deformed bear. You disappoint me, Mubi.

7. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Prophecy

A very entertaining creature feature. Frankenheimer keeps the ridiculous action moving, with a cast that gives it their all, a great score by Leonard Rosenman, and a number of classic B-movie moments - including a chainsaw-hatchet fight and a legendary kill scene involving a teen in a flying sleeping bag. The hokey special effects and forced environmentalist message are all part of the fun. A cult classic.

8. House 0f Leaves's rating of the film Prophecy

This is one of my favorite 70s horror films, but nowhere in the film does the above picture appear. WTF?

9. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film Prophecy

Wow...is this one hopeless...it's boring, has a poorly concieved creature and is really the ultimate in eco-horror blandness